Berevment

Hi, im not too sure how all this works? But im hoping it will help me… i lost my dad in 2019, i lost my grandad in 2021 and then i lost my proper grandadi im 2022 and i have really struggled with the recent one as i had a father/daughter relationship with him and im just struggling all together! He was my talking person and i feel like i have no one to talk to. Recently its just all come to me in a hurdle and grief comes in time where you deal with it yourself and mines took now to break me! Im just not too sure why now? Like why is life such a hard way to adjust? I really hope this makes sense!

1 Like

Hello @Michaela98,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your losses. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

1 Like

Hi. So sorry for your losses. That’s a lot to deal with in a short space of time. Here if you need to chat

1 Like

thankyou! yeah its just crazy that its all hit me now - I’ve had to take time off work at the moment to get myself a bit better because the realisation hit that I need to talk i think! but same with you though!

I lost my dad last year. Been through so many emotions.
Good you’ve taken some time out, and that you’re reaching out. Everyone here has lost someone and sometimes it helps to not feel alone in your grief.

I’m so sorry to hear that - you probably hear that all the time! but sometimes it helps! I’m here if you ever need a chat! yeah I bet, I didn’t realise that the emotions can all come at once and you have no idea what you are feeling some days! Thankyou!

1 Like