.Beryl

I lost my darling husband Kim last month after 58 years of marriage. Kim was my world as we met 68 years ago. Im just not coping with the loss. After caering for Kim for some years, I feel I have no purpose and feel that there must have been more I could have done but dont know what. I have two wonderdful daughters who are supportive but I would give anything to hold Kim’s hand and tell him how much he is loved

Hello Beryl,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder also offers the following online bereavement support which might be of interest to you:

• An online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. If you feel some one-to-one support may be useful, you can find more information about the service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling
  • A recently launched Grief Self-Help Service which provides articles and interactive tools to help you cope with grief. If you’re interested in understanding more about grief and how you can manage it, visit selfhelp.sueryder.org.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Susannah

Online Community team