Big brother

I lost my big brother in December

2 Likes

Hello Brave24,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your big brother. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

2 Likes

I lost my husband last week and I am absolutely devastated not only for me and our children, my eldest is 22, but also his mum and his younger brother. When my husband was on end of life it was heart breaking to see the pain on his younger brothers face. I can’t imagine how you are feeling but just hope you’ve got some family support around you. All I am trying to do is take each day as it comes and allow myself to feel what ever it is I feel. sometimes it doesn’t even feel real and like my husband is going to walk through the door. Sending you hugs and strength and know that you’re not alone in your grief xx

2 Likes

I lost my brother 4 year ago, I know the pain you feel. I still cannot remember the first few weeks afterwards. Grief comes in waves now I’ll be fine one day not the next. Hope your ok

1 Like

Ive just lost my older brother age 52 to lung cancer, feel devastated

2 Likes

Hey there, my big bro died last Tuesday 9th January. He was 57. My heart is broken. Our parents died years ago. Dad died in 1996, then mum 1998. Whilst I have my lovely husband and our children, it feels lonely being the last one of our family of four, still here. Don’t know if that makes sense. I thought he would be here with me until we were old and wrinkly. I can’t believe it’s real.

2 Likes

I lost my sister suddenly towards the end of last year. We were really close all of our lives and having got through my nieces birthday in December and then Christmas, this month is feeling so hard. Every day I wake up and wonder if I can get out of bed and face the day. I miss her so much. The pain is so overwhelming. It’s hard to lose a sibling, the common thread through your life and also support everyone around you too,

2 Likes

Hi Lyns76
I lost my younger brother to a heart attack in his sleep aged 54. I Too feel bereft that I’m the last one of the four of us so I get it completely. I lost my husband 6 months ago and whilst I have a son and daughter I feel completely and utterly alone. I send you all the best and I’m sure we’ll get through his even if it takes us some time.

1 Like

I did too. The day after his 50th birthday.