Birthday

Tomorrow will be my first birthday without my wife. She all ways went all out on birthdays. Every bit of my card would have poems, jokes and pictures covering every page. I’m feelig so sad 43 cards , so sad i will be getting no more.

3 Likes

@Oldcabgit birthdays are hard. My husband passed away 9 weeks ago aged 67. It was his birthday 2 weeks ago and that was hard. We were married nearly 35 years. Hoping this sight gives you some comfort sharing your grief with others. Take care

2 Likes

@Oldcabgit
I am so sorry. It’s horrible isn’t it? The “firsts are always the worst”
My husband passed in October and it was my birthday in January. He always sent me a lovely card. I never kept them though and now I wonder why I didn’t. I suppose I thought I would get one forever, if only.
I do hope your day is peaceful tomorrow and you can remember the poems, jokes and pictures from your wife and smile.
Sending a birthday hug xx

2 Likes

Just before he died my husband said “ we haven’t got many photos together “ and I said we’ve got a few.I didn’t think to say let’s take a few now,how I wish we had.I was so busy with everything .We always took photos of each other but he compiled a number of him just before he was taken from me.It’s his birthday on the 8th June I am completely overwhelmed
Lots hugs to everyone

5 Likes

@Oldcabgit Happy birthday. I’m sure today will be difficult, but hopefully you’ll be able to take time to think about all the previous birthdays and how much she wanted to make them special for you.

Take care. Huge positive thoughts and best wishes to you today.

3 Likes