Bless his heart...

Even after death my Richard is still a provider and he doesn’t know it…
…You see when he was here and during our living together years, 18 years of them, including the two years before, he always would give me half of his Vauxhall pension, we were not married so he told me, and i had accepted that if or when ever he died, which seemed like years away, i would not get it…Well i have got it or another version of it, which is matching the full sum he got…so although Richard doesn’t know it, even at death, a thankyou to him, he is still providing for me on a month to month basis, it even goes in on the same date…I truly hope that he knows I am being looked after by his Vauxhall now he cant continue looking after me, on a financial basis…I am sure he would be more than happy to know that they awarded me this pension on his behalh, only wish i could tell him face to face but then again, if i was to do this, he would not be dead in the first place…Even after death he is still providing, what a man i found 20 years ago, one of the very best, and 100% generous and loyal to me to the end…I owe Richard so so much…Although i would happily give it all back, or to him if only he would, or could come back and i know he would be back if he could…

Jackie…

2 Likes

Here i go i am off crying again, if only he would- could come back…if this is the only way to become financially secured i would never wish death to take place on anyone who means the world to us, just for the sake of this…being with the one person we love takes preference over everything, money included, what is money without the one person we love by our side, means nothing, absolutely nothing…and no i am not wealthy just secure-comfortable, where my Richard is still providing, looking after me…

1 Like

Hi Jackie I wasn’t married either and also receive my partners works pension. As you said the money means nothing I would rather give it all back to have him back.
Christine x

1 Like

Me too, I have more money now than I ever had but no one to share it with so what’s the point.
V x

Exactly it means nothing
Christine x

Hi agree with you all. When I was younger I very often had ‘rob Peter to pay Paul’, it was a struggle as a single parent for a time. Now I have all I want. A nice little Victorian house with no mortgage, a paid for car, and money in the bank. But no one to share it with. So it lies there untouched as I have no real need as long as the bills are paid. My Brian always said that as long as he had a roof over his head, food and enough to pay his way, what more did he need. He was never known for being an ambitious man but he was contented.
xxx

1 Like

I also meant to say that life can be so cruel. Now that we have security we don’t have our loved ones to share it with.
xxx

1 Like

Spot on Pat, you work hard all your life so you can have nice things, great holidays, lovely home, good car etc and look forward to retirement so you can spend it together & have no money worries then in the blink of an eye you are on your own & all the material things mean absolutely nothing anymore.
V xx

Pat…
… do you remember the Idiom expression of " we never had two pennies to rub together…"

I certainly do Jackie. My Nan was very similar to your dear Dad, who I think I have fallen in love with. I just love his old sayings that my Nan used so often. One my Nan used was " It has to get worse before it get’s better." My God I’m remembering her saying those words so often now. Hope she’s right, she always has been up to now.
Love Pat