Books

Has anyone read any books that have helped them to make sense of their grief?

Hello Cat. You might find this thread helpful. xx

2 Likes

Cat, sorry I can’t remember the actual name and I found it at our local library, it was something like 100 things to do to recover from grieving. Each page had one idea to help you through the worst. I do remember, drinking tea instead of alcohol, walking instead of medication from the GP. Very simple but it did explain what was happening to me and how to get through it when I had no one else around to help. The tea and walking I still do and both stop the weigh going on.

Hi Susie
That sounds a good book. I do agree about the alcohol and fortunately I am not a drinker and wasn’t tempted to go down that road. Already a keen walker I continued with the help of my dogs to accompany me and can recommend this as therapy as well as healthy. I do hope more members of this forum will put on a stout pair of shoes/trainers/boots and give it a go. Making the effort to smile at other walkers or just saying ‘good morning’ and a conversation can be started in seconds. I have now got quite a few ‘dog walking friends’. It all helps.
xx