Both parents. In 8 years

Hi all

I’m only in my early forties and I’ve lost both parents to diverstateing circumstances that I have struggled to deal
With , the constant questions that keep coming back to me is why was it there time , how do I learn to live with their loss
And why so sudden
In the last 8 years I’ve have 11 deaths to cope with and the grief is overwhelming
But nothing has compared to losing both parents

I find explaining by writing like this hard so if I repeat things I’m sorry

2 Likes

Hello @Kaz.817505, thank you for reaching out. We know it can be difficult to do and it’s a big step to take. I’m so sorry for the loss of your parents. Many of our members have experienced the loss of a parent and will understand some of what you might be going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you. Our Losing a parent article walks you through some of the emotions you may be experiencing right now. We also have a Losing a parent category where you can connect with other members.

You’ve had such a lot to cope with in the past few years. It is understandable if you are feeling overwhelmed by grief. Please do think about getting some extra support should you need it. Our Online Bereavement Support includes free online counselling, our Grief Coach text support service, and our Grief Guide self help platform. Maybe take a look and see if there is anything there that sounds helpful right now.

Keep reaching out - you are not alone.

Seaneen