Brain playing tricks on me

I had to go and get a new tyre on my car today and while I was in the waiting room the guy behind the counter answered the phone. For a while - I’m not sure how long it was probably only seconds but it felt longer - I thought to myself oh it must be Matt (my husband) he’s ringing to tell me he’d got lost and that’s why I haven’t seen him for so long. I could even hear his voice so clearly as I imagined the conversation we would have, it went on for a while until the rational part of my brain reminded me that he’s not here anymore. So sad.

4 Likes

Have you seen a podcast by Mary Frances O’connor about her book The Grieving Brain? After 11 months I need to understand why I feel unable to control my thoughts. It’s interesting, and might help you understand what you thought today xx

1 Like

And my husband was called Matt too

2 Likes

@Sparklyklm yes I have read it and it makes complete sense and definitely explains today, the weird thing is even though I know this, when the unreality is there it really takes over, you really have lost touch with reality in that moment x

2 Likes

@Sparklyklm - Matt - lovely name x Also, I mean, my brain didn’t even ask why he might be randomly ringing me at the garage (!)

1 Like

Yes such a lovely name :blush:

1 Like