Breakdown and feeling of more worse

Last year has been the lowest year in my life and its just stretching on, and I don’t see a way out. I had a big career setback and was already pretty disappointed and after few months mom had a sudden cardiac arrest and it left me in a shock, she was perfectly fine but just disappeared, everyone I met told me to visit a therapist and I did but she wanted to put me on antidepressants and I even took that step but had a big breakdown and stopped taking those coz I felt uncomfortable and the dr. its okay to stop coz I took it for one day but after that the flashbacks and breakdowns haven’t stopped, I am really struggling and idk a way out, I ask for help

2 Likes

Hi @Varun
Loosing your mom like that must have been very traumatic for you. TBH I never take antidepressants, even if the doctor did prescribe them, statistically, taking antidepressants makes most people feel worse, St. John’s wart is herbal, & works much better than antidepressants.
At the moment all you can do is take it one day at a time, if it helps, there are always people on this forum, you are not alone. Sending hugs of support.

1 Like

Thanks for understanding that anti depressants makes most people feel worse, you know how uncomfortable I was after taking that and not able to even cry after taking those things. But this low mood, flashbacks and future uncertainty drags me down. Some days I have this thing I want to make her proud and other day I don’t even have energy to do that, I get tired of myself sometime but thank you replying, I know you understand what I am going through but I want to move on and live life tired of taking one day at a time

Hi @Pandaprincess i know we all are different but I’m wondering what statistics you are referring to that say all antidepressants make people feel worse? I take antidepressants and did so before my bereavements and they do help so I must be an exception to what you have stated about their efficacy
I have debilitating clinical severe anxiety and the antidepressants I’m prescribed is used off label for anxiety too If you’ve ever woken to heart pounding shaking from head to toe and a whole body and mind senses of pure dread which you have no control over you will understand the preparedness to try medication to ease such horrible an experience which is relentless day after day after day Medication, SsRIs do help some people to live a better quality of life and help to get a person to a manageable level I their depression and/or anxiety that they can engage in talking therapy Medication is only part of the treatment

I respect what you’ve mentioned and don’t know you personally and what you’ve gone through that medication to an extent is needed and I am glad it is helping you.

I always feel everyone has a different life and experiences. I am clinically diagnosed with depression but going on long term medication is a choice and it has a ton of side effects or could be lifelong. I recently met a mindfulness coach and she told me about her story, she lost her mom and newly wed husband in 6 months and was non functional but when a therapist told her to go on long term medication she knew she will on it for long term, she somehow took courage and went to yoga institute for 3 months and then vipassna meditation which changed her life. I am not saying anyone has to do that and people are comfortable with medication it is their choice and their lives and I respect that. But getting better naturally is better thn medication I feel. Plus sending virtual hugs, take care and Ik you are a great human being

2 Likes