Broken

The last fourteen months have been hell. Loosing my husband who was my true soulmate for 30 years just broke my heart. I talk to him all the time, cry every day and just wish I could turn back the clock. Taken suddenly without warning it left me truly devastated . Pete died on 27th April 2019. It this wasnt cruel enough my dad was taken on 17th June 2020 again so suddenly. The feeling of loss is so overwhelming my lovely husband was just 50 and my dad 68. Ive just found out I’m being made redundant after10 years in my job. Life just seems to keep crashing around me. I don’t know if I will ever be happy again. I miss them both so much life is so cruel.

2 Likes

Hi Heather, I can understand why you say your life has been hell. I am so sorry this has happened to you. Losing Pete must have been one of the worst things that happened to you in your life, and to then lose your dad the next year, at the age of 68, is a lot. And to add insult to injury, you have now been made redundant, and you will not only lose financially, but also lose the social network that you have at work, not to mention that work must help you to get out and occupy your mind away from all the tragedies you have had.

As for whether you will ever be happy again, I wish you will, but no one really knows. For me, the loss of my dad has left me devastated, and I don’t think I will be happy for quite some time, and I have accepted that, I just try to make sure that I have more ok days than bad days, and at this moment, that is enough. I really hope you’re able to find some peace soon, we’re always here for you.

5 Likes

My heart goes out to you. I really hope that you have some support in real life. If not then please sign up for some counselling. You have had so much happen to you all at once and you need to reassess your own life path and it can be so very hard when you are dealing with so much. If you are finacially stable then maybe you should volunteer for something or learn something new, it is never to late to go to college part-time or a similar painting course. Something that might interest you when you are ready and when the world opens up a bit more. You need to fill your life with something to help keep you going. Dont commit to too much incase it becomes overwhelming but give yourself a small challenge when and only when you are ready. Look for a way to increase the people in your life or try something you have always wanted to do. Look at losing your job (if you are going to be financially stable) as an opportunity. However if you have really good friends in your job then make sure you keep in touch because you can support each other. Thinking of you as you have certainly been through a lot.

2 Likes

What lovely thoughtful words. I hope that you too are doing relatively okay. Thinking of you. Your dad must have been a really nice person because you are. Take care.

2 Likes