Brother

Hi, I have a brother who is getting to his last days. He has an incurable cancer,even after 15h surgery they then told him, no chance.
He is in a hospice for 3w now and things are going downhill fast. I’ve absolutely no idea what to do now. We may not have been the closest but still my bro. I have a sister who is not interested in anything going on with him,which I find very disfunctional.
I’m hoping I can be a supportive family member to his family whilst dealing with this myself.

Hello @63Keith, I am so sorry to hear that your brother is terminally ill - that is devastating. Many of our members have experienced the loss of a sibling and will understand some of what you’re feeling.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share our page on Anticipatory grief, which might help you to understand what you may be going through. Please do think about finding out what support might be available to you and your brother’s family through the hospice - you sound very caring but it’s important that you are supported, too.

Please do keep reaching out - take care.
Seaneen