Brother

Hi Nick

I go on bus trips with free bus pass. Makes you feel like you are on holiday and you are with other people.

1 Like

Hi SueMa,

I did get my bus pass not long ago and will try it out soon. The idea is to get my life sorted out. I need some kind of control over my life. I still do not get much sleep, only 6 hours a night if that. Nodding off during the day is confusing, I often have to check the calendar. I also have to get some items that I cannot get here. Many of the shops have been converted into cafes here. I also have to get some shelving units for the garage. (I hope they deliver.)

I will go to the community support centre in about an hour. It is jigsaw puzzle day. Also, must not forget to gets some more cat food an the way home. Tammy is still a bit strange at the moment. She wants to be outside all the time but wants me to spend more time with her. Stupid cat, she can get inside and sleep on the bed. I just hope she will stay in the house when it gets colder. Must not forget the EuroMillions draw, 70 million tomorrow.

Must get ready now, have to feed Tammy.

Nick

Hi SueMa,

did not win 70 million but £3.70 yesterday. Well, better than nothing.

Nick

Good that something positive happened.

I joined a museum membership so get magazine etc and can look forward to free exhibitions and discounts in cafe etc

Sue

1 Like

Hi SueMa,

we all need something to look forward to. I spoil dogs with some dog treats in the local park.

I joined a jigsaw club and go there every Monday. I also have a meal at the local community support centre every Tuesday. Fridays is German day. It is for people who want to brush up on their German. A friend started it and I joined about 25 months ago. We are both from Germany. She is from the south and I am from the north, Hamburg.

Nick

Hi SueMa,

I just wanted to say hello.

I am sorry for not writing earlier, I was not feeling well the last few days and the days have been getting shorter too now. The weather is not great either here at the moment, but not too bad.

Today is Monday and I will join the jigsaw puzzle group again. We managed to finish a 500 peace puzzle in two hours last week. Perhaps we can do it again today.

Nick

Hi Nick

Thats great going with the jigsaw. They are good therapy. I want to go to library to play cards as i miss playing. I was wondering how you are getting along. I keep thinking of my brother and missing him.

Perhaps you could make some German food to encourage you to eat? I went for coffee today (free with loyalty card) and bought a couple of things in the garden centre.

Kind regards

Sue

1 Like

Hi SueMa,

aaa, hmmm, you said cooking? My farther was a cook and my mother cooked well too. But, my brother cook with love, he never cooked food too long, always just right. Actually, he was a translator. I am just useless, well, I can cook some potatoes and fry some meat. But that is about it. It is ready meals or just bread and buns mow. I used to eat oats all the time when I was young but got allergic to it.

My strength was computer programming but cannot program anything at the moment. No idea if it will come back again.

Anxiety and depression just stops me doing something useful. Still have not managed to get my brothers house sorted. Have to to sort out the garage to make space for some items from my bungalow. Have to get skip number 5 now. I gave away so many items because I had no space. Gave a large dining table with six chairs to my neighbour and leather with a marble table to a friend. Also gave away most of my crystal glasses to a friend, did not have the space for it.

Did I tell you that my brother was more than a brother. Our father was at sea most of the time and our mother also worked because the money was a bit short at times. My brother was also like a father. I was lucky, most of my school friends never got along with their brothers.

I was lucky, really lucky, I miss him. (Not easy to write it all but I hope it will help.) - Are you OK? You can write here any time, I will answer.
All the best.
Nick

Hi Nick

I also have anxiety and depression which makes achieving things difficult. Also very lonely.

I know what you mean about your brother being a substitute father. I think eldest siblings take their responsibility seriously and younger siblings usually hero worship their older siblings. My brother was good when mum died and stepped up to the mark.

Its probably because you have a lot of different things to do that you find it difficult to make progress.

Sue

1 Like

Hello SueMa,

how are you doing. I hope you are as well as possible.

I did move out of my bungalow and into my brother’s house at the end of March this year. Did give away several items but not enough. I still have some (many) things in the dining and living room and some also still in the kitchen. Also, still have to clear some more items out of the garage first to make some space. Will try to get rid of two foldable kayaks first. (No idea if they are still OK.)

They look similar to this one, but for two people.

![Klepper Aerius I 490 - Ref 083SB|800x260](https://www.klepperuk.com/images/sale_083sb_aeI490_replacement skin.jpg)

A friends wants to check them out first. (Probably just junk now, just too old.)

More work to do in the garden, did not finish mowing the grass and weeds. Have to do it today but my cat Tammy will not like it, she loves her jungle. I have to preserves some space for her, perhaps 25%.

Will tell you later how well I did get on with the mowing.

Nick

Sounds like a lot of work is in progress. Keep up with the motivation.

Sue

1 Like