Brother

Its coming up to 3 years since my older brother died. Still seems like a bad dream. I cant talk to him about tv programmes and day to day stuff. I cried every day for 2 years. Now it is just under the surface

1 Like

Hello @SueMa,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. It sounds as though things are still very tough for you at the moment and you are missing him a lot.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

Hi SueMa, I know how you feel. I lost my brother in February 2022 at the age of 74. I am the younger one, 71 now. We always had a good relationship. - It is as you said, not many have a good relation with their sibling. Many siblings do not get on at all.

We were lucky, but now, we suffer. - Nick

Hi Nick

Yes, the price you pay. He was 65. We became closer after mum died four years prior and closer still when he was diagnosed with cancer and died 5 months later. I moved in to care for him. Your bereavement is very recent. Must have been a big shock and not easy

Sue

1 Like