Brought him home

Today was the day I brought his ashes home.
Oh how my heart aches.
I’m usually the strong person people turn to. I feel so vulnerable and alone. I can physically feel the hurt.

6 Likes

Hi Kellymeet
I have Frances ashes at home with her pictures, favourite necklace and wedding ring. We promise each other that we would do this, and when the day comes the ashes will be mixed together and then placed in our resting place. I think it is each person has a choice.

1 Like

I will add please keep posting on the website we all are in the same boat and all understand the pain.

1 Like

@Carl2242 hello. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
When the time comes his ashes will be scattered. His son would like to do this. I just want to keep him home with us but I have to respect others too. Scafell Pike is on the list and it is actually where we first met. However I know he wouldn’t want to be in one place. We spent so much of our time around the Lake District where we live. I have our dogs ashes that we lost in 2017 that I will let go with him. I’ve not been ready to let them go so I don’t know when the time will come. He adored those dogs and the two we have now. He was only 47. We had another 47 years of plans. Sending love to you.

6 Likes

@Kellymet
A tough time for you. Sending a hug. xxx

1 Like

I remember that day, it was 1 of the hardest days of my life, to walk out if the funeral directors with him, couldn’t believe that was all ive got left of him, he was only 47!! . On the way home i got some lovely flowers made up. When i got home i brought him in the living room, lit some candles put the flowers in a vase and broke my heart. As i walked over to the window there was the brightest rainbow i have ever seen. I went to get my phone to take a photo, when i got back to the window there was a double rainbow. Its brought me much comfort having him home and i know hes with me and looking out for me, I can feel him
He has many favourite places where some of him will go. When its my time, god i hope its soon, our ashes will be mixed with our dogs ashes so we’ll all be together again
Xxx

2 Likes

Hi I still have my wife’s ashes at home with me,it is a great comfort for me ,at the moment I cannot bear to part with her. Michael xx

1 Like

Hi i still have my Husbands ashes at home and do not think i can ever part with him in my eyes his at home where he belongs

I do take comfort having his ashes here with me. But I know the day is coming when his family will want to scatter them. I truly can’t comprehend the hurt that day will bring

2 Likes

I feel the same as you i know one day his mum and the rest of his family will want to scatter them but i am thinking about keeping some of his ashes so part of him is still at home with me

1 Like