Bureaucracy

Bureaucracy gone mad , I feel for you

It’s terrible what they’re doing to you. I would simply not pay, they might have a legal case against you but they have no ethical case, what they are doing is totally unethical, but I understand what you mean when you say it would be stressful for your daughter to fight for it, or if you did write to your MP as Mary says, maybe they could fight for you? I don’t know, I guess it all depends on what your MP is like? It’s so wrong though, this shouldn’t be allowed in a civilised society, people don’t need this when they’re already suffering from bereavement, it’s terrible.

Its basic humanity which is sadly lacking in society today , although there is a lot of good out there too we have to try to remember :heart:

1 Like

As a retired Welfare Rights Manager, can I just give a little bit of advice in respect of appeals process against benefit decisions and escalating to the Ombudsman. You cannot go straight to the Ombudsman, you must go through the appeal process first with DWP or Local Authority and have exhausted any internal complaints process first. I’ll put some info on General Chat.

Dear All, I really feel for you all. My husband passed away 5 years ago, and I miss him every day. I experienced everything that you have, and I can only say ‘Keep going and don’t give up’. Corporations and organisations, local authorities etc have a blank wall, which nobody seems able to chip away at. Certainly since my husband passed, it seems nothing changes. Personally, I worked for a local authority, and when I returned after a number of weeks, I had to fill out a form on my absence. Questions like, was it necessary for you to be away, and How did your absence impact on your team. To everything I answered ‘I don’t really care’. I wasn’t challenged, but I stood up to them, and it did shame some. But did it change their way of handling bereaved, of course not. And I lost £50k from Legal and General. My husband paid life insurance for 25 years, diagnosed with cancer 3 months before he died, and passed away 10 days after it ran out. We could neither renew, as the cancer was then an existing condition, and they wouldn’t pay us a penny. Went to the onbudsman, who said they were morally wrong, but technically could do this. And then L&G asked me if they would like me to purchase life insurance for myself. BUT there are good people out there, sympathetic, strong people who will help you. And each time something gets sorted, you will feel a relief and peace of mind. Please ask every friend and relative that you trust, to help you, even if it is just holding your hand, being with you, or helping you understand.
Just writing on this site will be a belp to many of you. If any need specific practical help, please write and I’ll try and help. Love and support to you all.

1 Like