Can anyone give me hope?

@Heartbroken1937 good advice there, thank you. My Mum died in January 23 so I am over a year into the process. Unfortunately I had a very protracted house sale (chain collapsed twice) and a lengthy investigation by the DWP, requiring evidence, to try and manage. Both issues only just resolved! Everything else is settled apart from the credit for the utility company, which is becoming a fiasco…:weary: Best wishes xx

2 Likes

Rosiepink,

With the Utility Company go Nuclear!

1. Name and shame on X (Twitter). Often gets a response

Or

1. Look up the CEO email address using Google and this then gets passed to an escalated Complaints team!

Good luck and take care x

2 Likes

Hi @Peppermint
Im in the same boat, my Mum died 24th Jan. I really struggled initially then seemed to improve. I went back to work a weekbafter her funeral and 2 weeks in, I’ve crashed down hard. My Mum and I were very close, I cared for her over the last 7 months of her life as she had cancer and needed support, although truthfully I’m only now realising just how much she relied on me. I dont regret doing it at all but now Im realising how much time I spent helping her, sorting things out and raving around to hospitals, I’m starting to understand why I’m feeling so empty. And hugely overwhelmed.
Thanks everyone for the advice here. Its really helped me reading it

5 Likes

Hi @SnazzyBetty45
I’m so glad you found this site, one of the main things I get on here is the knowledge that what we are going through and feeling is absolutely normal
Take care, keep posting and i wish you all the best :heart:

2 Likes

Hey everyone, first of all thank you for your replies, and I hope you are all doing as well as you can be. Sending out hugs xxxxx

I wanted to pop a wee up date on on how im doing 18 weeks after Dad passed. I have good days and bad days…and very bad days. I had a few weeks recently of feeling more myself again, started a new job a month ago which I love, and joking and laughing with colleagues like I used to. I started to feel hopeful for the future again and could smile at little things. I think about my Dad day and night and I wake and sleep to the thought that he’s not here, but I’ve started to accept it now and try to live each day reminding myself how lucky I am to be here and how he would be telling me to “get on with it”.

Last week my fiancé broke up with me, leaving me shattered and more vulnerable than ever. I have been blamed for the relationships down fall, and he refuses to admit he has not been here for me emotionally since Dad got ill. He’s convinced he did everything right and decided I’d changed too much in my grief and enough was enough…
I am struggling very much again now. I feel so abandoned and alone. However, I still have hope, I am focusing on me and whats left of my broken family and I refuse to be scared to move forward anymore.

Even though grief makes us feel like we are weak, believe me when I say we are absolutely not! Grief makes us so strong and so brave, even when we are pushed to our limits and kicked when we are down.

4 Likes

Ah @Peppermint sorry to read that you’re having to cope with this new loss now. Somehow you will get through this added distress. Keep going forward, focusing on the positives. Best wishes xx

2 Likes

Hi @Peppermint
I’m so sorry you have this additional stress to cope with with, but I can see in your words how strong and determined you are.
You’re right, grief does make us stronger, so I hope you go forward gaining all the strength you need
You’re doing well :heart:

3 Likes