Can i be happy again...

Can i ever be happy again, i mean really happy again, a contentment in life, and the enjoyment of living,…it is coming up to nine months since i lost my Richard, not one day has gone without crying, can i ever truly be happy again…oh i have had my moments of laughing, whether something - a comedy on the tv, ( Everybody loves Raymond ) seen for the umpteenth time, or within company but it is a forced laughter in company, as deep down i am still that broken - hearted woman…just a shell of the Jackie i used to be, who keeps pining and whimpering for the old life we once had…

Jackie…

1 Like

Hi Jackie,
I do believe that we can be happy again, at the moment I cannot imagine living the rest of my life without Stan but do it I shall. It is a very lonely life, friends and relatives may step in but the one we want and need is unattainable.
Both of us have many happy memories to draw on and I am sure this applies to the other members of this group. As my grandma used to say “it won’t always be dark at 7”.

2 Likes

i know this is all part and parcel of life, and nothing ever stays good forever just the same as nothing ever stays bad forever, life is full of its ups and downs, but still saying all this, it is still very hard living with our reality that he-she has forever gone, never to see, hear. nor carry on sharing this one special person again…

1 Like

i know this is all part and parcel of life, and nothing ever stays good forever just the same as nothing ever stays bad forever, life is full of its ups and downs, but still saying all this, it is still very hard living with our reality that he-she has forever gone, never to see, hear. nor carry on sharing this one special person again…Losing or loved one is as final as it gets…gone forever but never forgotten…

i know this is all part and parcel of life, and nothing ever stays good forever just the same as nothing ever stays bad forever, life is full of its ups and downs, but still saying all this, it is still very hard living with our reality that he-she has forever gone in flesh and body, never to see, hear. nor carry on sharing this one special person again…Losing our loved one is as final as it gets…gone forever but never forgotten…

1 Like

Mary…
… another saying is…" there is light at the end of the tunnel…" and " when one door closes, another door opens…"

1 Like

Thank you, Jackie, you are perfectly right.

I was talking to a friend yesterday whos mum has died several months ago. I said “I hope you are coping after losing your mum”. His reply was “I haven’t lost her I have just lent her to the angels till I can join her in heaven”. These words brought me comfort and I hope they will being comfort to others in this group too

3 Likes