can i be happy again

@Poppypop Living near both my daughters at the moment and when I move it will be the same. Renting is a good idea if you can. I am fortunate that I sold as houses in Cornwall are in demand. People want to move here because they want to get away from COVID-19. We have it here but nothing like the Midlands etc. The village I am moving to is very pretty. I will scatter Johns ashes in the sea in the spring and when I die the girls will scatter mine there as well. John and I planned that several years ago so I know I have got it right. :butterfly::broken_heart:

Johnswife Did you mean you will be by both your daughters still when you move? That’s the only thing that worries me about moving away. Have a good weekend even though we are in lockdown again. I expect you have a bubble so you can visit family. :purple_heart: :broken_heart:

1 Like

Was it subjected to flooding a long time ago?

The one thing that comes out of all this is that wherever we go our memories and grief go with us. We have to be sure when we move that we are not trying to escape from surroundings that bring up so many memories. Escape and avoidance are not good reasons to move. I am not, for one moment suggesting that this applies to all, of course it doesn’t, but it’s worth a thought. I was going to move after my wife died but was talked into staying put, and thank God I did. My friends are here and, living in a community does make it easier.
Moving in the short term after a loss is better left until our minds settle down. I was told not to make any major decisions for at least a year, and that was good advice.
But, like all things in bereavement, it’s very much an individual choice. None of us know what the future may bring. We can plan and plan only to be let down by some unforeseen event.
But we all know about that don’t we?
Blessings to all. John.

1 Like

Jonathan 123 thanks for your reply it makes lot of sense. It is 18 months since l lost my husband and I realise that grief is with you wherever you are. I am going to wait until we have a clearer view of the way ahead with covid as there are lots of clubs l would like to join in Charmouth but they are obviously not running now. I do have a good friend that lives there . Take care and blessings to you

1 Like

@MaryL mo but Newlyn gets flooded when there is a high tide and a storm sometimes. My new house is up the hill anyway :blush:

1 Like

@Poppypop Both my girls live within 5 miles. I am in a bubble with my youngest but to be honest if I want to see my eldest I will. Take care :butterfly::broken_heart:

@jonathan123 You see we are all different. The house I live in is the house John died in. We had only lived here 9 weeks. I know with absolute certainty I can’t wait to get out. Our previous home where we looked after Dad for 20 years now that had memories but it’s sold and was far too big anyway. I had the two most important men in my life this time last year and now I am alone. Life really is s**t :butterfly::broken_heart:

1 Like