Can’t cope without my Mum anymore

Hi Nade,

It’s the same for me. My whole world has turned upside down and in the past whenever anything like that happened my mom was always there for me and she got me out of it. Now I’m alone. I have my dad, sister and bf and they are nice but I just want my mom back. I don’t see any hope. I wanted to share my future life events with her and take her and my dad to places but I can’t do it anymore.i am struggling so much. I try to give strength to others on this site but Im very broken myself and I just wish I die in my sleep. I just can’t live without her.

1 Like

That is exactly how I feel, I wouldnt take my life as I have 3 children who need me, but at the same time I can’t imagine living another 50? Years without my mum! I wouldn’t mind being taken :confused: I didn’t get to have all the time I should of with her xx

2 Likes

Hello Rach, I was wondering how you are coping now. I lost mum and dad at Christmas and I just don’t know how to cope. Mum especially is very difficult. I have to try and not think too deeply about her last week as this is a place that is undescribable.

Hi,

I lost my mum in January. I’m 48 and she was 90. She was my best friend, my world, my everything. Although I’ve been lucky to have my mum for so long doesn’t make losing her any easier. I’m lost right now, I miss her so much and feel like life has no purpose and I cry all the time x

1 Like

Hi
I like you feel lucky to have had a mam for as long as I did. I’m 56 and my mam was 86. I try to take comfort in the fact she was generally healthy and doing what she loved up until her sudden death on 21st May this year. Hard to accept that 3 weeks ago we were looking forward to our trip to Wembley. She felt poorly when I called to get her that morning. She told me to go and to ring her during the day to let her know how it was going. I spoke to her once… the next time I rang there was no answer. That was the start of life without her. We had her funeral on Tuesday. It was so hard but I think she’d have been pleased with how it went. The phone calls & messages from friends have slowed down as life carries in as ‘normal’ for everyone else. I’ve got no energy, no appetite and no real will to do what I need to do… that makes me feel guilty & anxious. Just wish I could fast forward to a time when life isn’t so painful :disappointed:

1 Like

Hi,
I just recently lost my Mum 5 weeks ago, she was 79 but you’d of never known she acted much younger. More my age of 49
We where so close, and I’m so grateful for all the years I got to share with her. But then I feel annoyed we where so close so I wouldn’t feel like this.
She was the rock of the family.

The pain you describe is exactly how I feel, so angry in life right now at everyone and everthing.
I just can’t cope not being able to see, hugs, talk, bicker, banter and just have the amazing laughs again together.
We saw each other everyday, just two peas in a pod.

Everyday seems worse than the last, I just feel like I’m just existing and I get so angry to feel like this I just can’t shake it off.

If it wasn’t for my amazing Son whose now my Rock I honestly don’t think I’d be here myself.
I know I have got to get strong for him as he also went through it with me, as we moved in with my Mum on her last week to take care of her, which has gave us a greater bond than we already had.

I know there’s all different emotions, but processing them are more of a struggle one minute I’m fine the next a total wreck.
I do hope it gets easier…

2 Likes

I found this thread. I lost my mum 3 weeks ago suddenly from a haemorragic stroke, I feel totally lost and empty and can relate to the comments about not wanting to be here anymore with her. I have two young children so I’m not going to leave them but I can’t do this. Everyday feels worthless, I have feelings of regret, guilt, anger. I’m so angry.

3 Likes

Im now just past 2 years without my mum, and i cant say it gets easier, im currently in a wave of grief, but you do learn a new way of living, so in that sense it will get easier to live with, and your children are what will keep you going. Do you have any support around you? Those feelings are completely normal, as you have every right to feel them. Grief is personal for every person. Big hugs xx

2 Likes

Chin up my lovely I know it’s hard my mom was my everything too. I cared for her for ten years it was just us two against the world it’s been 14 months for me I take comfort in the fact she passed away in my arms and was finally out of pain. If I can offer anything I’ve come to learn just feel you feelings because suppressing them makes it so much worse and grief is just love with no place go xXx

3 Likes