Can’t cope without my Mum anymore

Like the title says, I just can’t deal with life anymore without my Mum. I miss her so much I’m in physical pain, I can’t accept or cope with the fact that I’ll never talk to her or hug her again. She was my whole world and I honestly feel like I died when she died. It’s been about 10 weeks since we lost her and every day is worse than the one before. I just want to go and be with her in heaven, I’m only 24 and I feel like I’m done with life because I’ll never ever be happy again. The only thing that stops me doing anything is because I couldn’t put my dad through that. I’m in so much pain and I just want her back so badly. Sorry to post this I’m just so unbelievably lost, lonely and heartbroken. Xx

Hi Rach
I completely understand where you are coming from. It’s been 9 months since I lost my mum suddenly and I have no idea how I have survived. I miss her so much and still cant believe she has gone. I’ve been unhappy for so long but I have a partner and a daughter and I have to keep going for them.
I don’t feel I will ever be happy again either.
While do you have for support? Are you back at work?
Cheryl x

Hi Rach
You are not alone. That is exactly how I felt at 10 weeks. No one should ever know that pain. I am so sorry that anyone has to go through it. My dad passed away out of nowhere in his sleep. I am twice your age and it hurts the same. My dad was in his 70’s which might sound old but really isnt - just depends on the person. He was active, fit, working, just the same as always.
Grief is real. The pain you describe is ridiculous.
But… it really does get better. I did not see how at 10 weeks, but I am at 9 months like Cheryl and for me it really has. I dont know how or why. I can not give a roadmap. I felt like I died too and all I wanted to do was be with my dad - no one else. Not my kids, not my husband, no one just him.
Just keep breathing day by day. Help your dad and your family by being there. You will get through this. Try to be motivated to do something at least one thing every day. That helps. Friends help.
Ell

RachWBA, It certainly is not easy loosing a Mum. I lost mine suddenly just over 5 months ago. In the early days I felt at time like I was hanging on by my nails. Slowly, things will improve, very slowly. I can say it slowly improves because I lost my Dad 20 years ago. He’s still missed but i don’t dwell on him everyday.
I am suffering and struggling due to losing Mum. What you are feeling is normal
Take care.

1 Like

I lost my mum when I was 9 and I’m 18 now and have been trying to push it away and forget about it but now I’m having bad dreams again about her and I don’t know how to cope😭

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your mum at such a young age and that you are having bad dreams about her again. Unfortunately, trying to push grief away or avoid it can make you feel worse in the long run. It’s really important to have outlets for your feelings and somewhere to talk about it. It’s never too late to start getting support, and I’m glad you’ve taken the first step of writing things down here.

There are many other people on this site who have lost a parent and, although most of them are older than you, they will understand some of what you are going through. You should get some supportive replies from some of them soon.

In the meantime, you might also be interested to read and reply to this conversation where you can find @Tt951, who is only a few years older than you, and @DanM11, who lost his dad when he was 12: 24yrs old… My dad died infront of me before Christmas

As well as posting here, these are some other good places to get support: