Cancer

Hi my partner as been diagnosed with brain tumour he’s in hospital there’s no cure I go and see him and talk to him he can’t speak or see properly I’m deveasted

2 Likes

So sorry Josephine. My hopes and prayers are with you. Keep faith. You are not alone. I’m new here and already talked to several wonderful people.

Josephine, I am so sorry for you and your partner. Cancer of any disruption is horrible and to see your love one in such a state is our worst nightmare. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Strength is what will count over the coming period. I lost my soulmate to a form of cancer but we thought he was beating it, it didn’t work out like that and there are so many people on this site who now how it feels. Pleased you have found us and please keep posting and reading others post because we all will be sending lots of love a big hugs to help you get through this horrible time. My blessings to you both. S xxx

1 Like

Thank you so much

It’s nice to be able to talk to people about all I do is cry all the time we have been together only 3 years I thought I would be with him for life

1 Like

Josephine1,
Unfortunately, this thing called ‘life’ makes and breaks people. I always try to find a positive in negative. Sometimes it works, sometimes, not.
Hope you find your own path

Josephine, I do sympathise, it’s what we all thought. I said ‘till death us do part’ but never thought I would be left on my own. It’s hard and even if you suspect or are told it’s going to happen, nothing prepares you for life after they have gone.
Don’t be ashamed of crying, we try to put a brave face on the situation but sometimes I think why should we when all we want to do is cry. Take what sympathy you can get, people forget to soon what is happening in your life, they are busy getting on with their own.
Hope you get help with all that is going on in your world but most of all take care of yourself, food, excise and sleep, it’s very important that you keep well. Big hugs being sent. S xxxx

1 Like

Thank you for your reply I am dreading when that day comes that I will never see him anymore why is life so hard why do good people have to die take care xx

1 Like

Hi my partner died on Saturday at 1.20 I’m so heartbroken I said my byes to him on Friday and he just passed away on Saturday I keep talking to him does that sound silly

1 Like

I’m new too . I’m sorry for your bad news .I found it didn’t sink in. I’m at a loss the silly little things like where are my new clothes I bought last month… I talk to my wife every night she passed away 13th June after only 7 weeks of being diagnosed with bowel cancer that had spread she was 52 and I don’t want to be here on my own

1 Like

Hi Josephine1,
I lost my wife 4 nearly 5 weeks ago, she had breast cancer that turned metatastic leading to cancer of the brain, oh god I feel your pain… I used to go in to the hospice at 6.30 and give my wife her breakfast at 7 am, she would sometimes not know I was there,…sometimes not…and the not,
Feeding her the times I did, she was sometimes incoherent…ahhhhh, the pain is still so raw, but i know I wouldn’t change it for the world,
She would try and feed herself and the shakes would take over and I would say “Let me do it babe” and she would reply that her head was f*ked… that used to destroy me saying." No… just tired ain’t ya"
I done what I could even if she didn’t realise at the time,
That is the only comfort I can take, I feel your pain as I’ve said and if I can help you along this journey then please just pm me,
No one knows are pain like we do.
X
Foggy

1 Like

@Josephine1 hi Josephine I am so very sorry for your loss and no it does not sound silly I lost my soulmate pauline in April and I still talk to her every day countless times a day it gives me a little comfort talking to her I hope you have support around you keep posting here you will find support I’m often around if you ever want to chat please take of yourself my thoughts are with you stay safe take care sending hugs x

@simonr1965 hi I am so very sorry for your loss its so devastating and heartbreaking I do hope you have support around you my partner pauline who I lost in April was also 52 I never expected to lose her and everyday is so hard go gently and please take care of yourself they would want us to carry on thats why I keep going even though to be honest I really don’t want to but I will for pauline and our pets they are all I have now my thoughts are with you stay safe take care sending hugs

So sorry for your loss I no it doesn’t feel right us living and they have passed on I miss Martin so badly I talk to his photo I have a teddy that he bought me when we first got together I cuddle that at night but it’s not the same I expect to wake up in a morning and see him there xx