Canine Central

I have met a few people when out walking them, I also belong to a pug group who meet every Sunday for a 2 hour walk usually with a dog friendly pub or cafe at the end. I’ve only been on 3 walks since Alan passed but now feel that as spring approaches I’ll resume the regular weekly meets. I do miss them. As a group we also rescue pugs and rehome them. As the group is based on Manchester, 11 miles from me, each rescued pug is renamed from a character from the old Coronation Street cast. We are hoping to apply for charitable status this year too ☆ something else to kerp me occupied. Retiring from accountancy practice, I’ll be free to get more involved with a cause close to my heart ☆

Wonderful what a great thing to become involved in. I too help out a small charity that rescues animals. I was a fosterer but I adopted Bugsy a terrier cross before him was Beepa who came out of a dog pound. I then stopped fostering perhaps I’ll try it again now. I’m going to see if we have any such walks near me. If not might ask your advice on starting one myself. I can’t think of anything better than to be among animals. Used to own horses also as well as pet sheep, and pigs.

1 Like

Good grief Edwin -6 degrees, where do you live Iceland. I’m right down south so weather not too bad at all really. Lovely sunny day yesterday (Wednesday).

It’s been -4 here in County Durham,been snowing a bit,not as bad as other parts of the country though,snow forecast here tonight,my grandchildren hoping school called off,they might get lucky.My outdoor water feature been iced up for days,iv’e been feeding the birds,saw a woodpecker yesterday,first time iv’e seen one here xx

I had a woodpecker on my feeders today too Robina. Fabulous sight. Had to sort the frozen water in bird baths. I get so much pleasure from feeding the birds…xx

Oh lovely Kate,they are amazing to see aren’t they,i had to look twice as it’s the first time one’s visited.Me too Kate it’s one of the first things i do on a morning,put the feeders out,i had to start bringing them in at dusk as i had a cheeky rat crawling about everything having a great old time.Yes with the cold temperatures they need feeding poor things,sounds like your weather freezing cold too xx

Salisbury Plain

I love feeding the birds but sadly haven’t bothered this year. Losing Brian in November and nursing him took it out of my head, but will now get myself into gear and go and buy some food tomorrow. Don’t see much in the garden but get lots on the allotment. However last year had problems with rats pinching it and don’t want it this year as I haven’t got my Brian to hide behind now. Put feeders in other area’s, so will do the rounds and put up the food. Heard a woodpecker yesterday. Weather not too bad here, had some sunny days this week, no snow, well just a scattering last night. Lived in this area 35 years and only seen snow about half a dozen times. I have flowers all in bloom, including geraniums in front garden. Plenty of spring flowers around also. Usually love the spring. Brian loved it and always said he hoped he didn’t die in Springtime. So he got his wish.

Sorry don’t know this area. I’m Isle of Wight. Usually very mild. No snow, just a scattering last night. We seem to miss out. Stays on the mainland. Dull today but had a couple of sunny days this week.

If you’re on Facebook search for fog walking groups in your area, there’s bound to be at least one. Off to watch my country play France in the six nations. Take care ☆

Thanks, Not on Facebook. But will look around. Not heard of anything and this is a mall area.

If you send me a private message saying what area you live, I’ll have a look next time I log into Facebook. I have to admit, I’ve not been going on a lot since Alan passed. In fact been on perhaps 4 times in the last 8 months. Anyway, would be happy to check for you if you wish ☆