Cannot get myself going

I struggle to do thing that is nessary i depend on my kids. I cannot sleep eat concentrate . My brain is forgetful, i have to return to the work space but i am out of control.

1 Like

I am sorry that you feel so desperately lost, I lost my partner of 22years in January, we only had each other and if it’s any comfort I returned to work just a few hours a day and it was hard but it helped cope with the loneliness and got me out of the house, I’ve been off work this week due to ill health and I feel exactly as I did when he first died, such raw pain, n

ot eating or sleeping, you know the rest I’m sure, what I’m trying to say is that maybe going back might help

1 Like

I can relate to that , me and my wife only needed each other , we were best friends and while raising 2 kids any ‘going out’ time was spent together, so we slowly lost touch with outside friends . Now she’s gone and I just feel so empty.

2 Likes

Gosh me too, had 2 sons of my own, one died suddenly in may 2022 and the the other has his own life, I don’t think I’ll feel safe ever again, each day is a battle to keep from breaking and sometimes I wonder why bother

I’m the same feel lost and what’s the point in carrying on , the kids are the only reason I’m still here …

I’s so sorry you’re going through this. It’s so hard to motivate yourself with overwhelming feelings of grief. I find that if I just do it, even when it feels utterly impossible, it doesn’t take away the feelings but it seems to help you through.

Im glad you have something that keeps you going My son doesn’t understand feelings when he came over a few weeks after Steve died he asked me why I was so sad I said I was grieving and he looked genuinely surprised that I was still Sad I envy him but have learnt not to share my feelings with him so being at work is my support system

1 Like

I love my kids to bits and know I have to be there for them , doesn’t stop me wanted to go be with my wife though , just means I won’t act on these feelings and pray things do get slightly better over time

It’s so hard to not have those thoughts and you’re right, it makes no difference how supportive people are it that one person that can’t be replaced that leaves you devastated doubting who you are without them and how or even if you want to continue on this very paining path that has been chosen for you

2 Likes