Can't believe he's gone

Been sometime since I last posted on here because I felt it wasn’t helping. But I was wrong we need to speak to people who know what we are going though. I still can’t believe my husband has gone every day is a struggle. I hate this new life I didn’t ask for this and I don’t want it. Since I last posted I have lost my sister in law to covid it brought it all back to losing hubby. Now I’m found out my dad has prostate cancer . How much more can one person cope with I’m crying all the time. Just going though my messages on phone and found the ones hubby sent from his hospital bed saying he can’t wait to get home and how much he loves me little did I know this wouldn’t happen its so upsetting . I wish I could be with him.

4 Likes

Hi I totaly understand this is a daily struggle without the one person that could make us feel better . Sorry to here about your sister in law . And hopefully your dad is getting the best treatment and makes a good recovery . You must be in pieces all this going on . Nice to chat with you again . Hope you find some help on here again . Thinking of you . Xtake care x

2 Likes

Hi
Sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. I think it’s good you have come back on here and I hope it helps.
Take care xx

1 Like

I haven’t been on the forum for a while. Sometimes it all gets a bit too much, but last week it was the first anniversary of Sunny’s death and I felt I needed to read some posts from the only people who understand- all of you ladies and gents. So sorry to hear of your recent loss Misprint, and the other difficulties going on for you.
Since I last visited I’ve been in hospital and had a total hip replacement- I’m so sad that Sunny wasn’t here to look after me. But thank god for my siblings- they have helped and I’m very grateful for them and my dear friends. I went swimming this evening for the first time post op. It was good to get back in the water. But nothing is truly good without Sunny- I miss that man so very much.
Love to all on here
Sophie x

2 Likes

I really feel for you with all the extra things what are happening to you. I miss my partner so much and like you I do not want to be here without him. Nobody knows the pain I am going through as when I do venture outside the door I have to hide it. I keep going back over our lives and wish the one thing all the time and that was to have had a child with him. I have been told by the counselling team not to dwell on it but it haunts me. I would have had a little bit of him still.
Jessica

1 Like

Hi all
I can imagine going through an operation with out my husband with me like some off you have had to so hard for you that have too life is not much fun now is it hope you are managing to cope with the day I’m still taking day by day even though it’s been 13 weeks it’s no easier I I don’t see it will be even though people say so
Thinking of you all on this journey we did not want to be on xxx

1 Like

Hi sophie26
It must have been difficult going through your operation and recovery without the one person you wanted with you. I’m pleased you had good support from your family. Your recovery sounds like it’s going well and it’s good you’ve been swimming. That will be good for you
Hope you don’t mind me asking when you had your op. My sister is having a hip replacement on Friday. I told her yesterday that I couldn’t go to see her in the hospital as can’t face going. Too many bad memories of when mark was getting his cancer treatment. She understands.
Take care xx

1 Like

I’ll message you separately Barbara x

1 Like

I’m so so sorry for your heartbreak. There are no words of comfort.

I understand x