Cant cope

I lost my husband 4 wks ago after he suffered for 8 month after a brain aneurysm and i dont think i can bare the sadness anymore ,i really dont know how to cope and i feel so guilty about all the things i should have done and said ,the pain is unbearable

There are people here who understand. There are also people you can talk to such as Cruse or your GP. It is going to be painful but people here understand the pain as they aren’t in it as well. Have you got people that can support you? If you have, let them, lean on them, sob on them. You need to be able to do what your grief needs to do. Sending hugs

Donna, I can feel your pain in your post and I know there are many on here who did and still do feel the pain. When you have struggled for some time knowing that things can happen any time we should feel thankful but I know personally that doesn’t happen instead we think of all the things we should have said or done and then we feel guilty because we don’t. We didn’t. because we never expect it to happen. It’s very difficult in those first few weeks and there is so much to think about and do but non of it seems to fill that big hole that your love one as left. Take baby steps, don’t rush things but most of all look after yourself and hopefully you will find that inner strength to deal with this horrible situation and day by day things do improve, don’t expect to much but hopefully your strength will be there. Spend sometime looking at other posts on here and you are always welcome to post saying just how you are feeling. Remember to take care, it’s very important right now for you. Sxxx

1 Like

Hello Donna,

I’m so sorry to hear about about the loss of your husband. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Another good place to get support is your GP, you can make an appointment and ask to be referred to counselling or support services in your local area.

Take care,

Michelle

Online Community team