Can't seem to handle the death of my Girl..

I am having a very hard time dealing with the death of my daughter. One minute she was here, next she was gone. I had no chance to say goodbye. Got a frantic phone msg. at 4am saying Katie is Gone. What?? She was in an ambulance headed for the ER due to an Asthma attach. She was on Med. these past few years that kept the asthma in check. 2 days earlier she came by and said Mom, my Dr office urgent care turned me away without a new prescription saying my oxygen levels were not low enough and refused to refill the Med. I begged her to go back, I will go with you and raise hell, she said no, she was tired of fighting for appointments and the Dr. never being able to see her. 2 days later she was in a major Coma in the ER due to lack of Oxygen. ICU Dr. said she is basically brain dead at this point. We sat by her side begging for her to come out of it, to no avail. She died 2 days later. It is so unfair and so unbearable not to mention how devastating it is now on her 3 babies. The oldest daughter is 6 mo. pregnant and she wont eat, sleep and cries for her mom. It’s been 4 weeks today and I don’t know how to help the kids with their grief let alone mine.

2 Likes

Hello @GeeMa ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your daughter. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

I’m so sorry that you have lost your beautiful daughter in such a horrible way. I lost my son in Jan last year, he had open heart surgery in California where they made errors and he ended up brain dead too. I’ve found a very sympathetic doctor back here in the UK and she has been so helpful in finding bereavement groups and prescribing medication to help me but it’s still painful every day. I’m 6000 miles away from his wife, who I love to bits, and feel I should be there more. My heart goes out to you and her kids, they must be heartbroken.

1 Like

I lost my beautiful daughter in November. She was only 16. She had a rare form of leukaemia. Heartbroken x