Cant sleep

Wole up again. Either wake up 2-3 times during night feel sick and tired
Or have bad dreams
Hope try get back to sleep so tired

Yes, this sounds very familiar to me or not being able to get myself to bed. I think there are lots of us.
Lavender sticks to scent the room.
CD to help you relax.
Horlicks
Warm bed but cold room.
And many more, I think I have tried most of them and then without warning I drop off and sleep well until some person try’s contacting me on the phone.
Oh, I missed Reiki and yes that does help sometimes.
Sleep well. S

I’m having difficulty sleeping also. My GP has prescribed sleeping pills for me but I understand that is not for everyone. Broken sleep will make you feel exhausted and enhance any emotions you may be experiencing. I’m sorry I have no answers but I want you to know you’re not on your own xxx

Hi Sammy, yes I too was prescribed sleeping pills and antidepressant tablets but a friend who had been a GP told me to read the leaflet. In truth I hadn’t done but it would have been the first thing for me to do for my husband. I also did an internet search and then disposed of them all. Not being on any prescription drugs seems a far better approach than ending up dependent on them. Life will get easier but never the same and I feel that’s what we have to get use to. I always say to myself “I am not the only one” and sometimes that works. Keep ring the changes but most of all keep smiling.
Blessings and sleep well :face_with_hand_over_mouth: S

1 Like

Everyone feels differently and however you decide to approach medications is the right decision for you. I’ve been on antidepressants for a number of years and they do help. I’ve been a nurse for 20+ years which has left me with ptsd. My sleep is still erratic but as my bereavement is so new I’m just having to go with it. Sending you much love xxxx

Hi Sammy, yes you are right and in the end it is your choice, my own decision was what was right for me and right for me at the time but we need the information to make these decisions. When we are grieving our thought process is not the same or my thought process isn’t . Today with all that is going on in the world plus grief, sleep is and will be disrupted along with a lot of other normal everyday things. You do seem to be up against it and I can only say try everything and just at present there’s a lot about how to improve your sleep on the internet. Finding something that works for you, no matter for how long it works, is worth trying and then try something else. Take care and be very kind to yourself. S

Hi where do you get the lavender sticks?
Must try that
Sick not getting to sleep at night either wake up 3 or 4 times during nite. Or have bad dreads

Hi, try Google but normally crystal type shops, you know the type in major towns or free trade shops in tourist places in normal times. There’s cones, spray or oil for burning incense burners as well as sticks. If you are waking during the night, paracetamol and camomile tea and reading a book for 10 -15 minutes normally sees me back to sleep but I always either burn a stick or cone on the hope I don’t wake up again. It all sounds wonderful reading back but it’s not like that in reality. Some nights aren’t bad but some well you know.
Meditation and reiki are really worth a try but sometimes the mind won’t concentrate on nothing.
Sweet dreams. S

1 Like

It’s nearly 3 months since I lost my darling husband, sleep never comes for me, even with the sleeping pills which I’ve been on for 2 month, life is hell, I’ve stopped eating, even considering stopping my epilepsy medication, as I really don’t care anymore.

Hi Barbara,

I’m so sorry to hear about how low you’ve been feeling. It sounds as though things are very tough and you are feeling really overwhelmed.

I think you could really do with some support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk about anything that’s bothering you (116 123, or jo@samaritans.org).

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area. Please be aware that GPs and support services are not currently offering face-to-face appointments, but will usually be offering telephone or online alternatives.

You deserve care and support so please, Barbara, get in touch with one of these services.

If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999 or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Take care,

Susannah

Hi Barlaw.
So sorry to hear of your loss.
Suzannana is right you do deserve care & support.
Who is asking how you are?
Who is supporting looking after you?
Samaratins are good at listening.
Ive called them few times but prefer to email them
Lease take care xx

I know she is right, but I’ve always been able to deal with grief, my sister died when she was 19 I was 9, lost my mum and dad 5 years ago 3 months between them, but this is breaking me, I love him so much I just accept he’s gone, as far as being looked after my stepchildren live 200 miles away, but they do text a couple of times a week, there keyworkers so there busy, my sister is there for me, but she’s not well and I don’t want to worry her. I have good friends in the village I live in, but with the isolation it’s difficult, thanks for letting me rant on x

1 Like

Sorry to hear of all your losses.
Yes that must be really hard.
Im glad youve still got your sister.
I know the lockdown affecting everyone
Can you phone your friends to stay jn touch
Or text
Like you do with your grandchdren
Samaratins sometimes are good to talk to over the phone or email
To tell them how you are feeling
Take care x

Barbara, please, life will get better, never the same but better than at present. Please ring Samaritans or your GP because you need help and need help now. Not eating or sleeping is not good or right and deep down you know that and you need both with your epilepsy that is not great but you do know that in your heart of hearts. Please try and get over the next few days then the next few after that, tiny baby steps. Life is horrible at present but unless it’s your time, then I am sorry there’s very little wriggly room. Please, this morning think, ok, what do I do, and remember it’s for you, no one else. Please take care and be kind to yourself. We are all thinking of you and willing you to do the right and yes, sensible thing. S