Cant sleep

Cant sleep again
Either dont sleep wake up few times during noght.
Or have bad dreams

1 Like

I think we all go through periods of not sleeping after a bereavement, hopefully it is a phase you are going through and it will sort itself out soon, there are herbal things that you can take to help, take care of yourself and try not to worry about it too much xx

Two years on…just accept sleep is elusive :flushed:

2 Likes

I think it’s a bit more than a phase Jude. Three’s years on and still not sleeping. I’m obviously getting enough though as I’m not tired. I agree with SanW - accept, don’t struggle with it. We all find our own way in the end. Xx

1 Like

Felt ok earlier. But then had bad panick attack.
Not had them in a long time
Thknk i just go to bed now

Me too I sleep too much or have bad dreams or sleep very little. Its hard you kind of have to retrain your body. My cousins wife suggested a natural sleep remedy and I think I will try that since it isn’t addictive mediacation. its just valerian and hops. You can get it in supermarkets and holland and barrett. take care all.

I am having trouble, too.
I am sorry for you because sleep is so curative.

I wake up twice, cannot return to sleep. so tired and being sleep deprived means lower immunity,

it is hard because you want to sleep as a way to feel better … and then even that doesn’t work. :kissing:

The following came into my inbox this morning. Anything is worth a try:

A golden pre-sleep breathing technique

As day turns to night, making the shift from active and on-the-go to passive and ready for rest can be a challenge.

Too much stimulus from technology, coffee, conversation, and that ‘relaxing’ glass of wine can make us feel wired as well as tired.

If you’re lying in bed struggling to sleep, then try this yogic breathing technique to calm your nervous system.

Golden Thread Breathing involves lengthening the exhalation of the out-breath.

Sit in either a comfy cross legged posture, or if you’re already under the duvet, simply bend your legs, take your feet hip distance apart and allow your knees to touch. Rest your hands onto your belly.

Inhaling through your nose, take a deep breath into your chest, filling the lungs. As you exhale, part your lips a tiny sliver and release your breath slowly and steadily.

Inhale again, deep into the lungs; and again breath out through a thin crack in your lips.

This technique is called Golden Thread Breath because it’s like blowing a golden thread from your lips gently into the distance. You can even visualise that thread spinning out and away into the air around you, for as long as the breath will comfortably carry it.

Repeat up to ten times and then return to your normal breath. Observe any differences you feel. With your mind calm and relaxed, sleep will surely follow. :zzz:

2 Likes

Think i will need to try this tonite Kate

1 Like