Can't stop crying

I lost my husband suddenly and unexpected 6 months ago I felt I was coping but the last couple of days I can’t stop crying, we had a cruise booked for our 50th wedding anniversary please help

6 Likes

Hi @Sansan,

I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your husband and how you are feeling.

You may find the following Sue Ryder resources helpful:

• Our Bereavement information pages
  • Our Online Bereavement Support, which includes our free online bereavement counselling, our Grief Self-Help service which has interactive tools to help you cope with grief, and Grief Coach, where you can receive personalised support via text

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Becca

1 Like

Hi Sansan,
I’m sorry for your loss and want to welcome you to this forum, a place none of us would be if we had any choice in the matter.
I too lost my gorgeous soulmate very suddenly and unexpectedly in November 2021 and like you after the first 6 months I thought I was starting to cope but then suddenly I started to feel like I was back at the beginning and couldn’t stop crying.
Since then it has happened a couple of times.
It feels like climbing a wall and falling back down again.
Grief seems to affect everyone differently, the way I cope with it is knowing Pete would not want me to wallow and would tell me to get on with my life (a lot easier said than done!) but as time goes on these episodes of crying are getting a little less.
This forum will help you as people here really understand what we are going through.

Sending you a hug
Muldool

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words Muldool, the hardest part is he went so unexpectedly, I was only talking to him an hour before he went and there was no indication that he felt unwell, we had so many plans I feel so alone, even though I have a great daughter and good friends but I just cannot help crying .

3 Likes

Hi Sansan,
I know exactly how you feel, Pete was very fit and had no health issues, he went out for a jog while I took our dogs to the beach, less than an hour later he was found on the road… He had a massive heart attack.
I will never get over the shock, no warning at all. it will be 9 months tomorrow and I miss him so much and still cry every day.
I feel like half of me is missing.
Life is so cruel.
M

2 Likes

Thank you Muldool
I know there are many people like ourselves losing husbands/wives/partners and as my doctor says when your grieving it affects different people in different ways, (how long is a piece of string?)
and people have been so kind but ???

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. xx

2 Likes

Hi Sansan,

I am so sorry that you have had to join us on this very sad and rocky road. I was with my husband for fifty years and it breaks my heart that we didn’t reach the actual anniverary date. I feel so cheated. My husband also died six months ago.

I know It will never be the same, how could it be? But if you haven’t cancelled the cruise, is there a close relative that you could go with if you think you could may be do that?

Take care.x

Thank you Loobyloo2,
I have already cancelled the cruise and a couple of friends who where to come with us have also cancelled, they said it would NOT be the same, he passed 6 weeks before the holiday, thank you again

Sansan

Hey hi Sansan
First of all welcome all to this forum that’s nobody really wants to be part of, it here we are. Likewise my husband died suddenly beside me in bed 16 months ago now and despite my efforts to revive him before the paramedics arrived sadly he didn’t make it. I am trying to plod through this life without my John and it’s tough really tough. I have two sons and four wonderful grandchildren who keep me going. But with all that I still carry around this awful sadness and feel that will never shift. I’m gradually getting used to living on my own but I’ll never get used to living without him. Hope that makes sense. It would have been our 46th wedding anniversary yesterday but the 44 years we had were full of laughter and love. We travelled to some amazing places and had so many plans for when he retired but that never happened.

For six months I walked around in a fog never really believing he was as gone and waited every lunchtime for him to get back from his part time job. My youngest son had his wedding booked abroad which had to be cancelled and we fudged together a wedding here at short notice which was lovely :blush: how am I now ? Still very sad and doubt if I’ll ever be the person I was before but I have no choice but to carry on. We just have to get the strength from somewhere don’t we ?

Much love
Georgina

1 Like