Chapel of rest - unusual experience

Hello,

I have been really struggling with the loss of my precious Pa. My sister have seen signs, music, feathers etc everything not to discredited but even when I think something might be dad I can discredit it.

Apart from smelling him I can do that from time to time.

However we have been to the chapel of rest yesterday. I was with my sister. We must have been sat for around an hour. My sister was looking at the same spot I was. Me being the logical I said can you see that. She said yes and I asked her to describe it to me.

There was white-ish wisp like similar to what a heat haze (from radiator or beach on hot day) or water evaporation - would look like coming from my dad’s body. I do want to say they where even though faint they were beautiful in a strange way. It was loads but enough to be noticed.

(the room is cold and so was dad not heating etc - dad has passed for three weeks 2 weeks 6 days when this has happened)

Secondly I thought it was our tears and the light but i cleared my eyes and it happened a second time. But this was more a misty smoke very very faint but more powerful is the only way to describe it. Something even stranger was when we let go of our hands it slowly faded you could see it so clearly when we held hands.

I have read about people seeing souls leaving immediately after but has anyone had any experience with this. Do you have any further thoughts on what could of happened - anything logical - as I cannot make sense of what I have seen.

I know there are shared experiences and especially in grief but it was so strange that she told me the exact same things without promt.

Thank you
Lily

Hi Lily :wave:

I’m new here having also lost my father in recent weeks. How lovely that you visited the chapel with your sister.

I think whatever you think the meaning is deep down is likely the true meaning.

These little signs are yours to keep.

When I read the story I thought maybe your dad seeing the two of you there holding hands with each other meant a lot to him so he simply sent you a sign to comfort you both. But that’s how I would read it without knowing your dad. maybe you feel it was something else and if so, you can bet that’s what it was.

Sending hugs x

Thank you so much for your reply. He was such a lovely person and loved us being together so maybe he got some strength to show us he was okay. I really do just hope that he is safe. Thank you so much again Lily xx