Children

Hi im just after a little guidance my wife passed away in august. She had been ill for sometime but it wasnt that what she died of. Now im having loads of trouble from my 2 girls mainly the youngest at 13. Shes causing trouble playing trouble and doing anything to make my life unbearable. She wont talk to anyone and now ive fallen out with my parents and family over her as they say i had her so should put up with it. I cant cope with all her trouble so i heard about this site today and would love some advice please.

1 Like

Hi @Jonnief, I’m so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife.

Children can express grief in different ways. It must be so difficult to support your grieving children while grieving yourself. If you haven’t already gotten some support for yourself and your children, I wanted to share some resources with you which may be able to help.

Winston’s Wish provide emotional and practical bereavement support to children, young people and their families. You can get support here. I know they are a charity that quite a few of our members have found to be helpful.

You may also want to contact Child Bereavement UK. They support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

You can also talk to your GP about what support may be available for yourself and your children.

Does the school know what is happening at home? They may be able to help your children to access bereavement counselling. Sue Ryder also have some resources which can help you with your grief:

Take good care - keep reaching out.

Seaneen

1 Like

Hello, 13 years old with a girl is a difficult age as it is without guilt being thrown into the mix, I’d suggest try and make it up with your family & speak to her school for support or does she have a female relative that she might confide in? Your the closest person to her so unfortunately she’s going to vent on you.

1 Like

Hello there,
You are doing a great job, just by being there.
Sometimes teenagers act out because of the anger from bereavement and not knowing hire to express it.
It’s hard to manage on your own. It’s definitely not your fault for having her.
When family are not t about to support, you will find that life has a way of bringing different oriole in, the right people to support you.

Speak to the school to ask for advice/support and the child bereavement links left by the other person.

You will get through this.