Christmas and 2nd Anniversary

Hello,
I’m new here. I am struggling to cope with the loss of Mum, who died Xmas Eve 2020. This year everything is a trigger for me, I feel I coped better last year on build up to anniversary, maybe I just blocked it out. One day I am OK, next day I am in tears and feel so emotional. I feel sick when I think about it. Mum went into hospital for a simple procedure, which went wrong, was in hospital the whole of December and we never got to see her until the 24th, when it was too late.
How do I move on from this ? I’m really confused with my feelings.
Thanks.

Hello @Lynne7,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Many of our members are feeling worried about Christmas - given it’s when your mum sadly died, it’s understandable that you would be struggling. You may wish to read our article on Coping with grief at Christmas , which has some advice on getting through the festive period.

We also offer further support which you might want to take a look at. Our Online Bereavement Support includes our free online bereavement counselling, our Grief Guide which has interactive tools to help you cope with grief, and Grief Coach, where you can receive personalised support via text. You can also sign friends and family up to Grief Coach so they know how best to support you.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Seaneen

@Seaneen thank you for your reply. I will take a look.
Thank you.