Christmas, not for me

This is going to be my first Christmas since my husband died and I don’t know how I’m going to cope. I’m dreading it to be honest if I could just stay in bed till its all over I would. Nothing is the same anymore and I’m no interest in anything I’m dead inside.
If Christmas wishes do come true I wish for my old life back with Jim .

3 Likes

I really feel for you, my husband died in August and so this will be my first Christmas without him. We didn’t have children so to be honest I could just pull covers over my head and ignore Christmas this year. I am in two minds as my husband loved Christmas, should I just go through the motions for him, but as I feel at the moment I just do not have the energy to do this. At the moment I am just getting through one day at a time.

Hi ladies I am so sorry for both of your losses. I lost my partner and soulmate pauline in April. We were together almost 21 years. I’m dreading Christmas and it’s also her birthday in December. I have had our 21st anniversary withouther and my birthday. This journey of grief is so heartbreaking and hard. I’m still just taking one day at a time. My thoughts are with you both take care sending hugs x

Hi everyone, how do we get through anniversaries when we have lost a loved one, it’s so hard ive just had my birthday since losing my mum in July and it was so raw, opening and reading my card from my dad without mum on it and a message inside from her was so emotional :pensive: I loved the build up to Christmas but this year I can’t wait till it’s over, every day is just the same you go through the motions not really taking anything in, your life definitely changes when you lose someone so close.