Claire

I find myself widowed at 40, nearly 10 weeks on from loosing my beloved partner of over 20 years. We have 3 children. We all miss him so terribly. He was ripped from our lives after a short and aggressive illness of cancer. Coming to terms with his suffering is proving very difficult.
We were all with him at home at the end.

2 Likes

Hi So sorry to hear of your loss. It’s a horrible journey that we are all on, but you have come to the right place. Everyone will listen and you will get some comfort knowing you are not alone. I am 5 weeks from my one year anniversary, and I sometimes wonder how I have got here. The first few months you are in a daze, but it does get easier, just hard getting there. Keep posting, and look after yourself x hugs

1 Like

Thankyou, it’s such a whirlwind of so many emotions isn’t it. I feel I have to protect my boys from my insanity at the moment. They are 10, 13, and almost 15, I hate that they’ve lost their Dad.

1 Like

Thinking of you all, I lost my husband three months ago to aggressive fast growing cancer, It’s such devastation, and my son said watching my pain made it so much worse it’s like they lose both parents because you can’t be there for them it takes all your strength to get through the day and the emotional turmoil is exhausting be kind to yourself and ask for help, I don’t usually but small kindnesses helped us so much sending lots of love and hugs xx

1 Like

I’m so sorry you had to go through this, I wouldn’t wish the pain on anyone. My husband had nearly 6 months of aggressive cancer and surgeries. A friend of mine said “his pain is your’s now” which feels very true…I wouldn’t want him to have to live in such pain but life without him is unbearable.
I hope you and you son are able to support one another.