Collecting ashes

I collected Jane’s ashes today and brought her home where she belongs. Before i went to collect her i was very anxious not knowing what to feel and that anxiousness has carried on.
Im left with a feeling of emptyness and nothingness cant really explain a bit like a rabbit caught in the headlights.
I really dont know how else to explain it :broken_heart:

9 Likes

Hi Lonely thats sort of the way im feeling im so glad to have her back home at last as she has been gone since 9th feb, what with the coroner and the funeral director it was beginning to feel like she wasnt coming back.
I know it sounds weird but i do get a warm comfort from giving the urn a hug :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I to have my husbands ashes at home and i always say good night love you and good morning to him like you say it feels like he is still with me i also tell him about what kind of day i have had

4 Likes

I couldnt wait to bring Bri home after almost 6 weeks, he had to have a PM. I felt such peace, i lit a candle, and put some flowers in a vase next to his ashes, and when i looked outside there was a double rainbow. Xx

8 Likes

its not silly. i got a beautiful urn its jupiter as Bri loved the planets. i talk to him all the time. I have a photo on a key ring of us both. By the front door and I say goodbye see you later love you be good every time I go out. It’s a comfort there’s nothing wrong with feeling like that.

3 Likes

made me smile. ive been saying the same

I also have my husbands ashes at home with me. He passed away 12 December 2021, as it was sudden we had to have a post mortem so werent able to have his funeral till the following February then got his ashes home 2 weeks later. I had some put in a ring for me so wherever i go he is with me, my daughter has a necklace with some in and my three sons have his thumb print on a pair of cufflinks each. He will stay with me till its my time then we will be together again

6 Likes

Hello, I have my husband’s ashes at home too. They are in the box the funeral home have me, and in a cupboard in the side board in our front room, which is also right by the front door. (Our front door opens straight into our front room)
I love having him here, home was his favourite place in the whole world, so why would I want him to be anywhere else.
I say good morning every morning, and everytime I leave the house I be sng the top of the cupboard and day “see you soon darling” and when i come home I again tap the cupboard and say 'im home darling"
And last thing at night when I check door is locked , I ask him to look after me over night.
I truly feel like he is with me in our home. And I’m putting it in my will that I want our ashes put together we hen I go.

I really enjoyed reading these posts from you all, doing and dealing with our loved ones ashes in the same way.

Love and hugs to you all :hugs::hugs:

6 Likes

thats exactly what i do. got a lovely urn off etsy of the planet Saturn (we loved looking at stars and planets) i say morning open the blinds chat away . i have our picture on key ring as i go out door tell him be back soon. Chat when i get back and when I put the television on, I moan like I used to and involve him in the conversation it’s like being on Gogglebox x I miss him every day and every night, but have been out more lately and did some voluntary work today with people living with dementia and I saw an old friend in town so we is chatting over an hour going to meet up for coffee so that’s nice. Life is strange without the soulmates and loves of our lives but for them we live and carry on. They’ve just gone on a holiday and one day we will be by the sea with them.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply and understanding.
It’s truly so comforting to read that others do similar things , and get my ways of dealing with the life we have been left with.
I too try to carry on , and I do , but the sadness, loneliness and missing are with me all the time.
Big hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Love your thoughts about they’ve just gone on holiday, and we will soon be by the sea with them.
Thank you so much :blush: :hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Yes, i love this too. Sometimes i do feel like he is on one really big holiday.

3 Likes

bless you :cry:the undertaker did mine when he collected them. i also have some in a charm :heart:
if you feel strong enough go back to the undertaker to put them in a nice urn or if tge back is pretty go on etsy and find a lovely box have it engraved and pop
the bag in the box :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

thats lovely xx i have an angel wing on Bria

1 Like

My husband died suddenly from a massive heart attack last year in fact it’s a year today.
We were on holiday when it happened and I could not get him back to my home town for a funeral for at least a month after his death. It was awful l felt like I had abandon him.
We were together 40 years, married 38 he was best friend, soul mate l still love him to bits.
It’s took me a year to go and get his ashes, it seemed so final . I intended to scatter them today where our daughter is but, I don’t feel ready, l just don’t know what to do xx

1 Like

@Jeanine1
Oh my darling, how awful for your husband to die while you were on holiday. Everything about that must have been so difficult.
Well done for collecting his ashes.
You don’t have to rush to do anything else with them yet.
Just do it when you are ready.
Don’t put any expectations on yourself.
Was anyone else going to be with you?

Whatever, take your time, and don’t let anyone else put pressure on you to do anything until you are ready.

Big hugs :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Thank you for writing back to me, I am strong today.
We where in England when he had his heart attack, my best friend came to be with me.
She was brilliant :star_struck: just feel guilty because her own husband died 2 weeks later to cancer but it was not expected.
It’s a cruel world :earth_americas: xxx

1 Like

Sorry it’s supposed to say I am not feeling strong today, in fact all the feeling have come back like it did when Geoff died xx

1 Like