Community groups in London

I lost my little brother in January. He was 28 and was killed and I’ve been struggling to come to terms with it ever since. Does anyone know of any groups in London that meet in person? I would really welcome speaking to anyone that has lost siblings as I am finding it hard to come to terms with.

Hello @katyrp, I’m so sorry for the loss of your little brother - that is devastating. It sounds like you’d really like some face to face support, but I do hope you can find the community to be a support to you, too.

I’m not sure whereabouts in London you are, but if you select your location on the AtALoss website here, you can see what is available locally to you. The Compassionate Friends also run support groups for bereaved siblings. You can find out more here.

You mention that your brother was killed - I am so sorry to hear that. I’m unsure as to whether you mean in an accident or deliberately, so if this link isn’t helpful to you, please just disregard it. SAMM (Support After Murder or Manslaughter) may be able to put you in touch with peer support groups. You can find their website here: Support – SAMM

I hope that you find the right support for you - take good care.

Seaneen