Completley lost

I lost my best friend to cancer 7 months ago and I’ve been falling deeper and deeper into depression. I feel like I have no life without her, and there is no reason to do anything anymore… All I want is to be able to live and carry on her loving memory, but I feel like I can’t relate to anyone outside of this, I feel like I dont have anything to say to anyone and I don’t really care what other people are doing with their lives.
I’d just like to know if anyone can relate and or, retrospectively what has helped ease thiis feeling for anyone?

I’m so sorry for the loss of your best friend, @Maytjie. Please do have a read of some of the threads in our Losing a friend - you are not alone.

It sounds as though you are really struggling right now. I’m just wondering if you are getting any support with your grief? Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: sueryder.org/counselling.

You can also make an appointment with your GP and talk about how you’re feeling.

Remember too that the Samaritans and Shout are there for you, any time:

• Samaritans are available 24/7 to talk about anything that you are worried about in confidence. You can call them on 116 123.

• Shout are contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.

• You can also find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline.

I hope you find the community to be a support to you, too. Please keep reaching out,

Seaneen

I lost my best friend 18 months ago and the pain of it is unbearable. It does help to talk to gp. I have some medicaton contact with a mental health support worker and am waiting for sue ryder counselling. It just gives me hope. My friend was really family by choice. We called each other sister my Daughter called her Mum2. In some ways, although i am happily married, she was the closest person in my life. So i do undestand. I hope you can find some support xx

1 Like