Complex-PTSD

Hello,

I am moving to Abbeywood in London in a few weeks. I am with Londons Survivors Gateway as I am currently waiting for more trauma based therapy as I have Compex-PTSD due to incidents happening in my childhood and continuing into adult life. I’ve had some trauma based therapy already which really helped but I had to take a break as it got so difficult to manage. So I’m going back to keep trying.
I think joining a grief group too would be good for me, maybe a group and a one to one which is based on the grief only and not the Complex-PTSD. I’m looking online though I don’t know which group would be best for me.
I also had a family that I lost 5 years ago. Mum, son and brother. Not to death but still lost them which is a long story which has added to my grief I already had.
Is there any recommendations you could give me please on which group or organisation I could join please?

Regards,

Hello @SamElleDee,

Thank you for reaching out. The community is for online peer support, so we can’t recommend any specific in-person groups, though some of our members may be able to.

You might want to check out the AtALoss website. It is a directory of bereavement support, including support groups. If you click this link then select your region, you can see what bereavement support is available in your area. I’ve had a look and there seems to be quite a lot available in South-East London.

Your council’s website should also have information on local bereavement support. If you search for “your council name + bereavement”, you can find your council bereavement support page.

I hope that the moves goes well, and that you find the support you’re looking for.

Take good care,
Seaneen

Do my circumstances count as bereavement? This is what I wasn’t understanding too much.
I will look at the council website. Thank you.