Confused

Why am I finding this Christmas harder than last I keep asking myself. Mum died 18mths ago at age of 100y. Six days after her birthday. Independent, fun lady who I saw every day. My husband died 10 y this December 18th. I would like my own family together but it won’t. happen I have a ‘friend’ of 7 yrs but don’t live together. So you may say I am not totally on my own. However during a bout of covid and being in U did a bit if soul searching and realised although I have people around me I am on my own . I have been invited out for xmas day but am dreading it. People are now putting decorations up…oh no! I have no enthusiasm for xmas, and will be so glad when its over. I thought it would get easier but it’s getting harder?
Sorry if this seems garbled but not quite sure how to explain.
Thanks for listening.

1 Like

R123, no you are not alone because so many of us feel just the same and Christmas seems to come earlier every year. I tell myself that it is just one day, it’s a lie but it helps me get through the festive season.
It’s hard, that realisation that yes you are on your own. It makes us stronger and more resilient but it’s hard.
There’s many on here that are in the same situation and I hope you find comfort knowing that there are others in the same position. Look after yourself. S xx

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words.