Coping is hard

I lost my brother 1st Dec and my aunt 19 days later. I was so close to both.
I’m not coping.
I also lost 2 dogs. One last year and One last week. So much death within 10 months. and its so hard.
So so hard to continue. I miss my brother so much. I’m beginning to think I want to be with him.
I can’t as I have to adult children and I don’t want them feeling like I do at the moment.

Hello @Pauline56 - you have come to the right place, my friend. We are all struggling with loss, aching and grieving for those we have loved and lost. You have been through so much and your life is certainly very hard. Your brother would want you to live, Pauline - I am sure of this and there will be a time when this pain is easier to bear. I am hoping for this relief, too - as life is hard with my husband, T, who died in January this year after a year of torture from cancer. Find joy somewhere today, Pauline - in the blossom that is out, say or from the sunshine. It may only last a fleeting second or two -but in that flash of joy, is life and the possibilities that are ahead. Hold tight, keep posting here if you need people who completely understand. x

1 Like

Hello Pauline,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your brother, aunt and your dogs - as you say, it must be so hard. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

You may also find the information pages on our website helpful - if you have a spare few minutes, please do take a look: https://www.sueryder.org/how-we-can-help/bereavement-information.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please do keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Susannah

Thank you for your post.
My condolences to you.
It’s is hard I’ve also been close to.my brother even as children.
Thank for suggesting the positive in life.
I will write those down.

1 Like