Coping with bereavement

I lost my husband a month ago after being together 49 years the pain of loss was unbearable but it was only today that I finally realised that I was never going to see him again and never be able to hold him and tell him how much I loved him and I don’t know how to deal with this and how I’m ever going to be able to accept it and get on with a life when he is no longer here with me

I lost my husband 28 months ago, after being together 53 years married 50 years. It is still so so hard tears just fall,
What can we do I have only just realised that I will never seè him again.
Take care and look after yourself our life that we don’t want goes on take tiny steps. X

1 Like

I lost my husband unexpectedly just under 2 months ago. I feel so lost and alone. I cry everyday and am not sleeping very well. I have to make myself eat and do things, I have no motivation. I talk to him every day and tell him about my day and that I love him. I have his ashes in an urn next to his photo. I light a candle for him every evening. I don’t know how I can face the future on my own. I miss his hugs. I have a couple of recordings of him singing that I can sit and listen to for hours, one of them was played at his funeral, sometimes I can listen and sing along and sometimes I sit there with tears streaming down my face. My GP recommended grief counselling, but there is a 7 month waiting list. My work has an employee assistance programme, so I contacted them and they have arranged grief counselling for me starting tomorrow.

I feel so so sorry for you and know what you are going through. Take tiny steps and keep talking to your darling husband.
It is so hard but I promise it does get easier but it’s a long journey in a life we didn’t want.
Thinking of you and send love, I know it is so very hard and life is unfair. X

Thank you I too have his ashes in a casket next to his photo and talk to him a lot but sometimes when I look at his photo I am overwhelmed with grief and sometimes even anger that he is no longer here I am waiting for grief counselling but can’t get an appointment until June and that is not even a face to face it is a telephone consultation which is not whst I wanted I really hope your grief counselling helps you I understand only too well what feeling lost and lonely is like

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words I talk to my husband every day and hope that some day I will find a reason to get up in the morning and not dread going to bed because he is no longer there I have so many emotions going on at the moment grief and anger being the strongest I have a fantastic daughter and son in law who are there for me always but its hard for my daughter as she is also grieving very much she was so close to her dad I’m so glad for her that she has a brilliant husband and son to help her through this

Yes I still have my husbands ashes …every day is so hard
I also went through anger… guilt.
It has taken me 2 years to accept he is gone forever and ever. I hate this new life so much.
It is early days for you and I know what’s ahead just bear with it and keep posting you are not alone. It does help reading others post and know we are not going mad
Be kind to yourself. X

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement I hope you keep the strength to carry on

Hi I lost my husband a year ago it is so very hard and all you want is them with you it does get a little easier but so hard you will get there , I keep busy doing puzzles meditation and colouring and walking work keeps me busy these things have all helped me , it’s very early days for you I cried fir months and still cry but it does get less stay strong I know it’s very hard I’m sure counselling will help you xx Yvonne