Coping with breavement

Hello, im new here. I have lost my adult daughter 12 weeks ago due to suicide and I can’t seem to get through with life without getting emotional and panicky. Are there any groups where you can go and join? X

1 Like

Dear Hannah

I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine the pain you must be going through. I hope you have family and friends around to support you.

I joined this wonderful group nearly a year ago now after losing my husband.

I can’t help with groups for you but I did just do a quick search of posts here and there are others here who have suffered the same with links to support groups.

This is what I did when I first joined, searched old posts. The people of this group have been amazing, they have kept me sane this last year.

I hope you find the help you need. I’m sure there will be others along to offer their support soon x

Hello Hanna, I’m so sorry for the heartbreaking loss of your daughter. I lost my son Luke, aged 34, to suicide. He was a trained chef, kind, generous and loving. He had long-term mental health difficulties and was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. It is such a terribly painful place to be and I understand that feeling of being panicky, scared and emotionally all over the place.

Initially, I found support through Mind who offered one-to-one peer support where you meet with someone weekly, in a place where you feel safe. They also have walk-and-talk sessions with others in similar situations, although I haven’t been able to access those because of my PTSD, so I can’t tell you much about them. Later, I was referred to NHS Talking Therapies for anxiety and PTSD. Cruse bereavement support also have helplines and lots of information on their website.

You are not alone in your pain, even though I know how incredibly lonely it can feel. I still find it very difficult to share how I’m feeling, but this community has really helped me, and I hope it can help you too. If you feel able, would you share your daughter’s name and perhaps tell me a little about her? I’d really like to know about her and the person she was.

Sending you much love and hugs :heart: :people_hugging:

1 Like

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your support and kind words. My daughter was called Zara and she was 25 years old. She was a beautiful person inside and outside. Always thoughtful and caring. I think deep down she kept the mental health issues hidden from us and thats what makes me annoyed. I wish she talked .

Thank you for sharing what a beautiful, thoughtful and caring person Zara was.

My son Luke didn’t talk about how badly he was feeling either, and he managed to hide it so well. I’ve spoken to other parents who have experienced something similar and their children didn’t speak about how they were feeling and the signs were incredibly difficult to see. Mental health is so very complex and knowing what to look for or how to help can be incredibly difficult. I’ve found it particularly painful when family and friends avoid talking about Luke. I understand that they feel uncomfortable or simply don’t know what to say, but silence can be very painful too.

Sending you so much love. :heart: :people_hugging:

1 Like