Coping with grief

I just want to say thank you to all who replied to me yesterday, yes I got through the funeral service the hardest part was seeing the grief my family and friends were going through. The celebrant was wonderful and the service was all I could have wished for. Derek would have loved it.

2 Likes

Paula…
from one person to another who had a " wonderful " cremation service and a wonderful " celebrant " who with my help mapped out my Richards life…Yes i too only thought of my Richards wishes as myself and my celebrant planned Richards service, i stood up ( I have MS ) and read a list of all the positives of my Richard ( age 74, me 68 ) showing what a truly good man that he is-was to me, his relatives, his life-long friends…just to everybody who ever had the pleasure of knowing him…

Jackie…

1 Like

Paula…
…I lost my Richard ( age 74 ) suddenly and unexpectedly 11th April just six plus months ago, the service took place in early May, even the weather turned out good in time for the fairwell ceremony, the sun was our, even though chilly and breazy, my Richard never liked rain yet it had been raining before…I thought at the time how Richard would have been happy knowing how many turned up and how the sun had come out on this day especially for him…
The celebrant lady aproached me when it wa smy time to go t the stage for my personal to him reading and helped me up ( i have MS, and was diagnosed four years ago at age of 64, same date my Richard had died, just four years apart 11th April…) yes who would have thought ot belived that the day i was sitting next to my hospital Consultant and my Richard at that time was sitting behind us saying a " oh no " as he told me sorry to have to tell you, you have MS, little did i-we realise at the time that four years to this date my Richard would die…yes the same date…I had also lost our fur-baby number one an Easter Saturday ten years ago on this same date, 11th April, well they say things come in threes…

Jackie…