Coping with grief

Good Morning all, I lost my mum when I was 7, then dad at 16, lived most of my life working in the R.A.F, this kept my mind busy!
I kept working when I left the R.A.F, met a man, got married and my second child died at 4 months old never leaving hospital from birth. Then my twin sister died 2 years ago from Cancer and our birthday is coming up and im really struggling ( now crying while I message). Has anybody got any advice please :pray:

Hello @linda17,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community. I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I was so sorry to read your story and about the loss you have experienced over the years. It’s such a lot to have gone through - it is no wonder you were crying whilst writing your post. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support but I also wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing so openly – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Megan

1 Like

Thank you Megan for giving me supportive feedback, ill go through them very slowly as im still anxious :worried:

1 Like