Coping with life after

Hi all I’m new to this group

I am currently struggling the past 2 weeks, as many of you I get good and bad days, the bad seem to outweigh the good at the present moment in time.
I lost my boyfriend in a horrific motorbike accident and I’m so lost without our him here with me, he made me complete I just don’t know how to cope without him.

Hi Leigh
I’m afraid I can’t relate to the way your boyfriend passed but can understand some of how you are feeling. Is it two weeks ago that he had his accident?.
I lost my husband nearly 8 weeks ago but it was to cancer. I’ve never felt so lost and lonely as I have since losing Alan. You will find on this site a lot of lovely people who can understand how you are feeling and have had the same feelings themselves and can give you some advice. The only way I cope is by taking things step by step and day by day. If I look too far ahead I just get scared of my uncertain future without Alan. If you look through some of the other threads you will find lots of ways people get through the days, and people at different stages of the journey. On this site you are never alone and will always get some support from other users .
Take care xx

1 Like

Hi Leigh,
Really sorry to read your post, how tragic. We are all on the same awful journey. I don’t know how to explain how we get through, but somehow we do. This site is good as we can say how we feel, and there is always someone else feeling the same. It’s been my saving, truly ! Keep posting your thoughts, it will help.
Take care, I’m here if you want to talk
BW Lesley xx

1 Like

Hi lesleym

Thank you for your reply, it is so cruel anyone has to go through this, but it does help knowing I’m not alone.
I struggle to speak about him as it hurts so much just rips my heart even more.
I just feel totally lost and that I don’t have an worth in the world anymore

Hi Yemmy

Thank you and I’m so sorry about your husband, no matter how they leave us it’s still just as hard.
I know I need to take it step by step just I seem to loose my footing some days and feel like I’m falling and can’t get up.
I will take a look at the other threads

You are certainly not alone. I know exactly how you are feeling, I have walked in your shoes. I don’t know what I can say to make you feel better, because in my case, there is nothing that can really help. But I can answer any questions you may have, it’s been 15 months for me, so I have probably experienced all that you are feeling now and in the future. It’s a long hard lonely road. Do you have family ? Do you have much support ?
Lesley xx

Thank you Lesleym

I don’t think anyone can make us feel better but knowing that there’s people out there experiencing the same thing helps.
I do have my family support but I don’t think they quite get how I’m feeling

Hi Leigh, I know what you mean. People say what they think you want to hear, but mostly get it wrong. It definitely is a case of ‘walk in someone else’s shoes’ if not you have no idea ! I get so many insentitive things said to me by well meaning people. I am 55 and had been with my husband for 40 years. We have 3 lovely children. We are all still shocked at our situation. Can I ask about your circumstances ? How long had you been together ?
Lesley xx

Hi Lesleym

You are exactly right, people don’t understand I know my friends try so hard but can be insensitive at times, I know they don’t mean it but I do initially get upset and still upset even though I know they don’t mean any harm.
I am 30, we have been together since I was 16, we worked together also but I have quit my job as I can’t do it anymore.

Oh you poor thing, what a shock it must have been for you. Me and my husband met when we were 15 -16, just kids really, although we thought we were so grown up. You will still get upset about things, it’s only natural, this is the toughest thing I have ever had to deal with, there is no right or wrong way to grieve. It’s about getting through. Listen to advice, by do it your way. People are well meaning, but stay true to you. You will get through, I promise you, don’t know how we do, but we do. I have days when I just cry all day, I also have days when I am angry at everyone. Angry that this has happened to us, and everyone around me gets to carry on with their lives. I go through so many emotions.
Lesley xx

My condolences Leigh,
My husband passed away 3 months heart attack… this site has been really helpful for me.
I felt so alone and like no one else understood even though I was surrounded by people.
This site is really helpful as you are not alone on this site.
This has helped me in my journey of grief . I also go counselling as well.

I agree that this site is helpful in these sad days. I lost my husband nearly a month ago and I am so unhappy, sometimes I don’t know how I will carry on without him. Other people are suffering and their thoughts are with you. Barbara