Coping with my father

My mom passed 6 months ago I looked after her daily alongside my 90 yr old dad , I knew I would find it hard after she passed but not this bad . I feel like it should of been my Dad who went instead , as he’s so hard to please and so negative I’m finding myself dreading to go & visit him daily , he does need care as he’s got macular degeneration & frail but going to their home daily it’s killing me as my mom should be there ! I miss her so much and find myself getting agitated with my dad as my mom would have been so easier to care for …. How do I cope ?

1 Like

Hello @fjm879800,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. It sounds as though things are very difficult for you at the moment and you are feeling unable to cope with the feelings you are having after loosing you mum and now caring for your Dad.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex