Coping with suicide

It’s been 4 months since my fiance took his own life… it completely ruined me…im struggling with everyday tasks… im angry because he took a part of me with me and took our future away… I can’t see how I will ever be ok again… he might be at peace but has left so much pain behind…i miss him so much it physically hurts me… I can’t stop crying…i just can’t get my head around it all and don’t know where to go from here

Hi. I am so sorry for your loss. My fiancee took his own life over a year ago now, we have a daughter who is now 5.

I understand completely how you feel. I still spend most of my day thinking about Paul. I wonder is he ok, I miss him, I still love him deeply and of course I am angry with him some days.

This journey of loss is a hard one and more complicated than most as wr will never get an answer to many questions wr have but it does get easier, each day breathing gets easier. Be gentle with yourself and don’t try to bury those emotions you are experiencing - let them all as it is all part of the healing process.

I found writing a letter to my Paul was helpful, it let me say all the things I didn’t get a chance to and also to release some of the confusion and anger I felt.

If you want to chat then please message me anytime.

Take care of yourself xxx

Thank you for your reply…sorry it’s took so long. I’ve been in a bad place the last couple of weeks and it got quite dark… I just feel so lost without him but have to keep going for my babies… they keep me strong. It’s been suggested to me to write a letter to jeff but just the thought of it upsets me as I’m all over the place with my emotions… I’ve never known anything like it… it’s so overwhelming but I have to have faith it will get easier to live with… he was a good man and the love of my life… I’m so lonely without him

I just lost my partner of 12 years and am struggling really struggling and sorry about your losing him and i beem where he was but my partner who just died jayne kept me going after i fought tooth and nail for my disabled son only to be told that i could not see him and was her voice kept me going and now i lost her and struggling again and reaching out for people to help me througg these dark times and my partner only died 2 weeks ago yet her children who i thought cared about me came and said i can have first option of buying their mams house which has been mine for nearly 12 years and they sent me on even further downwars spiral and looking for support from everywhere to help me cope.