Coping

Hi i lost my husband 2/01/18 i am devastated, I have a 12 year old son how do you cope

Hi Izzy,

I’m so sorry to hear that you have lost your husband and how devastated you are feeling. Your loss is so recent, and it’s important to be kind to yourself and allow yourself to grieve in whatever way is right for you.

This site is a safe and supportive place for you to share your feelings - there are lots of others here who will understand much of what you are going through. While you wait for more replies to your post, you may find it helpful to read and reply to some posts by others, to see what their experiences were. For example, here are two recent posts by littleangel and nexttime, who have both recently lost their husbands and also have teenage children, although older than yours:

Loss of my husband
Overwhelmed

If there’s anything I can help with or you have any questions about this online community, you can contact me on online.community@sueryder.org.

Priscilla
Community Manager

Hi Izzy5
I am so so sorry for you and your son at the loss of your beloved husband it is so raw for you .
There is nothing I can say that will ease your pain I hope you have friends and family that will be supporting you and your son .
Please take thing slowly as you will still be in shock I hope you like the rest of us will find help and support from everyone on this forum .
You and your son are in my thoughts big hugs to you both take care .
Lily