Could not stop

Could not stop crying ,wishing for a phone call from my beloved son

3 Likes

I know that feeling, a phone call, or text. I read all the texts I have often. Not sure if it helps. If only and why I ask myself xx

1 Like

Bit sad today my son was cremated last week still cannot believe it

1 Like

I’m sorry you are sad today🥲 I can send you a big hug. I’m sad today as well and I’ve had a good few days. It’s very early days for you, try and think of all the happy times, sit and reflect, cry whatever helps I find. I find writing a private journal helps me I got this idea off someone on this site, I write whatever I am feeling or doing, be kind to yourself xx❤️

Thank and hug to you too

All I can say is this site is a god send to me and also The Compassion Friends is a great site, somewhere to off load, no one judges you, and everyone helps each other xx

I’m so sorry for the loss of your son and having lost my son in May last year I totally understand how you are feeling.
My son was 41 and severely disabled and we had cared for him all his life, it was such a shock to loose him. The early days are so difficult especially just after the funeral. I found I just needed to take things a day at a time and not think too far ahead. In those early days I did wonder how I would get through each day, but somehow I did and here I am 15 months later. I won’t say things get easier but somehow you learn to live alongside your grief and some days are better than others. Today isn’t a good day for me as it’s my birthday and these sort of days are the hardest. We are going out later with my other son and family but I will so miss having Richard there with us. He was such a happy chap so I will just try to remember all the good times we had with him.
Grief is so hard to cope with, there is no guide book and everyone deals with it differently. Just move at your own pace and take things a day at a time. People will say, go away, have a break , it will do you good, but if you don’t feel up to it then don’t do it. We went away after the funeral and it was too soon for me. I felt awful when I came back and reality hit, it was almost as if I expected him to be there when we got home.
I wish I was able to say something that would make you feel better, but I know there is nothing except for you to know that there are people on here who understand and know exactly what you are going through. Sending you a hug, take care.xxx

1 Like

It is funny but on Sunday we watch the service that was given in remembrance of 25years of the Omagh bombing and it did give me some comfort . My husband came from Omagh and it was the way they all came together. Some of the young people killed would have been about my sons age now. I thought at least he had 25 more years than them, even if he did have that horrible cancer.

1 Like