I’m looking for active and supportive members of this Community to help me make sure that this is a safe and supportive space for everyone who stops by. Sue Ryder Online Community Mentors are ordinary users who feel able to support others coping with a bereavement, end of life care, or terminal illness.
I’d be asking you to do things like:
• Responding to new users and posts without replies to help make sure everyone feels welcome and supported
• Letting me know about any problems on the site – such as technical problems, people sharing personal details or people breaking the rules
• Letting me know if you have concerns about another user’s wellbeing or if you come across a post that’s worrying
• Answering people’s questions about the site – or else directing them to get in touch with me.
It does not involve:
• Any technical skills beyond what you already do to use the site
• Removing, moderating or editing other people’s posts – don’t worry, I’m not asking you to do my job for me!
• Stopping what you currently do on the site – you would still be able to get support as well as give it.
In return you would get:
• A Community Mentor’s Guide to help you with your new role
• A private message chat where you can talk to other Mentors, and to me
• A profile badge to show other users what you do
• The chance to have your say on how we improve the site.
I know there are already so many supportive users here who are doing many of the things we’re looking for, so thank you.
If you’re interested in getting involved, or would like to find out more, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a private message on here.